PAS WHEEL NOT TURNING

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All. when you turn the pedals pas light flash`s but front wheel don`t turn.John
Possible break in the wiring between controller and motor perhaps?
Broken Hall effect sensor in motor, or the wiring to the hall effect sensors perhaps?
Fuse somewhere broken?
regards
Andy

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Some controllers require reconfiguring via the LCD panel depending on the type of PAS sensor used. What controller/LCD panel do you have? What type of PAS sensor are you fitting and how many magnets?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
It is possible for the PAS sensor to be wired incorrectly (voltage backfed through the signal wire) while the signal LED still flashes, so might be worth testing the output signal with a multimeter. You should see 0V when the LED is not on and ~5V when lit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I re-wired/soldered John's PAS sensor up last week as originally it was wired to the speed sensor on the KT controller, it should work if not damaged.. I had to change the sm connector, I know the wiring is correct.

Make sure you have connected the PAS to the correct controller connection.
PAS is Red 5v , Black Gnd and colour is Sig Blue or Green.
KT controller is Brown 5V, Black Gnd and Yellow Sig.
Red to Brown, Black to Black and Colour to Yellow.
Some PAS are directional so see what happens when you pedal backwards John, also is the magnet disc facing the right way with the correct magnet poles facing the sensor, Gap between disc and sensor needs to be about 1-2mm.

What we don't know is, is the hall sensor ok ?
You should see 5v between Gnd & V+ Brown/Red.
1v between Gnd & Sig Yellow/colour and 4 -5v when pas light is actuated.

Let me know if you want me to come and visit you John probably easier then bringing bike down to me use the Conversation/PM Inbox for security.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr bob