Pedal Assist - Not Assisting (Woosh front BPM 350w)

tezdread

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2014
I don't think I've had a great deal of luck with this kit...today for no apparent reason the pedal assist has stopped working, which is on top of the LCD still not working correctly :(

I'm waiting on a new LCD, which will be the third since November last year because this one like the last, stops giving correct battery info (and also keeps resetting the ODO)

I've checked all the connections and everything looks fine. The little LED red light indicator on the sensor doesn't come on. I've checked the magnetic plate and adjusted the sensor (moving it closer and further away from the plate)

What next?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it could be the controller.
You should contact woosh support for help.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Check that the magnet disc is not knocked out of position or your sensor is not knocked sideways and if the disc still rotates in sync with the chainring. Turn the bike upside down, it's easier to see. The magnets should be close but not touching the sensor. When a magnet passes in front of the sensor head, the LED should flash. Post a picture here if you like.

tezdread

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2014
Thanks, I've taken another look.
ATM the sensor is approximately 3-4 mm away from the disc. I've moved it closer so it's practically touching the disc and moved it further away.

I didn't know when the Led came on, never looked to see but it's not coming on at all regardless of the sensor position.

The disc rotates smoothly and straight when I turn the pedals. It's firmly fixed. There are two grooves on the edge, are they meant to be lined up in a particular wayto the inner chain ring? Can't see how it could have moved though.

I've cleaned the disc and sensor but doubt that makes any difference.

I'll see what woosh can do.

Thanks