Pedelec noises

Scancrow

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 12, 2021
Hello everybody,I'm new to this forum, I'm looking for help regarding my pedelec.
Since some time it makes these noises at the engine area, they usually happen when I'm starting from a stop or a traffic light, at the beginning I thought the noises were from the cassette cause a friend of mine with the same bike told me it's that problem cause he had it too and he fixed it with a new cassette, but after replacing my cassette with a new one the problem still persists and I could bring it to the repair but I'm the kind of person that likes to do things alone cause I'm interested in it.
Im gonna try to describe the problem in more details and also gonna link a quick clip.
So the noises as a said happens just when I start after a stop especially at traffic light and it doesn't matter if I'm sit or standing(happens with the same frequency), it's a strong noise that resembles the sound of the chain changing speed but it's not the chain, it definitely comes from inside the box where the engine is, also the speed doesn't matter, although I noticed it happens mostly when I'm going fast.
Clip:
Oh yeah and the model of the pedelec is: Rockrider Est-900 from decathlon with a bride engine.

D

Deleted member 33385

To me, it sounds like your chain is slipping between gears - adjust the:

Scancrow

Apr 12, 2021
To me, it sounds like your chain is slipping between gears - adjust the:

I thought about that too, but it's not, it's coming from the engine compartment under my feet and not the rear gears

D

Deleted member 33385

I thought about that too, but it's not, it's coming from the engine compartment under my feet and not the rear gears

If when you adjust the cable tensioner on the gear changer, the occurances of the sound changes - I'd say it's likely caused by your chain slipping. It might not be something you can see when you're running through the gears - could just happen under load ie when riding from a dead stop or attempting to go fast.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sounds like a broken gear inside the motor but does it have a brose motor?

Scancrow

Apr 12, 2021
then i will try to adjust that and then we will see, although i doubt that is the problem since i can feel its coming from the engine

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
right do not ride it anymore as will do even more damage out of all the motors theses are the worst to work on and you cant buy any parts so peter is your best option to have it repaired.

it could need a new belt but you can remove the side cover and have a look first b4 you send it to peter worst case.

D

Deleted member 33385

Whoa - It'd be better if it was just a case of a stretched chain, and it slipping. That looks expensive.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is a bolt on the motor for belt tension it could be a bit loose so try that first ;)

Scancrow

Apr 12, 2021
there is a bolt on the motor for belt tension it could be a bit loose so try that first ;)
How do i do that? i will try that otherwise i will bring it to the shop and hope that they will not make me pay since i have warranty, i was trying to avoid that since i suspect they can say it damaged itself and it isnt covered in warranty

Scancrow

Apr 12, 2021
anyway thank you guys for the quick responses, i have cleared my mind a bit, i was thinking about this all the day xD

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has warranty then take it to the shop all they can do is adjust that bolt anything else then it will need a new motor as dealers can not open up any motors under warranty.