Pendleton Battery

Jaspa9102

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2020
Hi Guys , i brought my wife a pendleton and the battery is flashing the code for a dead cell ? where or does anyone recell on here , the charger goes red when plugging in then flashes red

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can't go any further forward unless you have a voltmeter. You need to measure the voltage on the battery output terminals and tell us what it is.

Jaspa9102

Sep 7, 2020
Hi , i measured it yesterday and it is about 32v , the charger wont go above that

Jaspa9102

Sep 7, 2020
Put a new battery in your meter because your result shows that it's run out, then test again and give us the exact reading/
Hi , tried a new battery in meter and plugged in charger and now it’s gone up to 37v and charger is staying on so I’ll leave it and see if it charges ?
I’m confused lol

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It should charge up to somewhere around 42v.

Jaspa9102

Sep 7, 2020
It should charge up to somewhere around 42v.
Right , it has charged up to 42v , if I press and hold the power button it drops to 20v and goes into sleep mode , plug in charger it wakes up and flashes 5 lights then goes off and then flashes the code for dead cell
I took the battery apart and pulled the plug for the balance wires and measured each one and they go up in 4.1-2v increments, so that tells me that the cells must be good ?
proper confused here , I’m going to put it back on the bike tomorrow and see what happens

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We need to see the actual 10 cell voltage results you saw, 4.1 - 4.2v is quite a bit of difference between individual cell groups and isn't a good sign.

Jaspa9102

Sep 7, 2020
We need to see the actual 10 cell voltage results you saw, 4.1 - 4.2v is quite a bit of difference between individual cell groups and isn't a good sign.
I'll measure the individual and give the readings later , will 0.1 of a volt make such a differance ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
0.1v if balanced isn't great, cells in good nick will be with in 0.02v.
One will need to place a load on it and wire the dvm in temporary to see what occurs with the voltage, if it collapses then the a cell/s are knackered. One can do it with the wheel off the ground use PAS or throttle and gently apply the brake for a load reading see what happens to the V's.

Last edited: