Pendleton Somerby

Dawnski57

Just Joined
May 4, 2017
Suffolk UK
Hi, I'm Dawn and I have just purchased a Pendleton somerby eapc. I love it but for the life of me I cannot find panniers to fit the darned thing! I bought one set which claimed to be suitable but the clips were too thick to go through the very small gap between the rear rack and the battery. I really wanted something that went with the style of the bike (classic beg bike in navy (they say purple!) and white) but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I want them to be take off bags as I want to use them for grocery shopping (easier to fill the bags as I go round the supermarket and then I know I haven't bought too much to fit!) If anyone can recommend something I would be very grateful. Also, recommendations for lights that actually show you where you are going in the dark would be welcomed.

TIA

Dawn

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi, I'm Dawn and I have just purchased a Pendleton somerby eapc. I love it but for the life of me I cannot find panniers to fit the darned thing! I bought one set which claimed to be suitable but the clips were too thick to go through the very small gap between the rear rack and the battery. I really wanted something that went with the style of the bike (classic beg bike in navy (they say purple!) and white) but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I want them to be take off bags as I want to use them for grocery shopping (easier to fill the bags as I go round the supermarket and then I know I haven't bought too much to fit!) If anyone can recommend something I would be very grateful. Also, recommendations for lights that actually show you where you are going in the dark would be welcomed.

TIA

Dawn
Hi Dawn,
Welcome to the forum. Would double throw over panniers be suitable? You could maybe use a bungee cord or two to secure them, as you want something that's quick and easy to take on / off for shopping.
As far as lights go, there are a few threads on here on the subject. Good luck in your search :)
Regards, Mark

Reactions: Eagleowl

Catbell

Just Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Cornwall

TIA

Dawn
I've just bought a Pendleton about six weeks ago.. bought a pannier today in Halfords the clips are thin enough to fit between the smaller bar and battery. And it's has a carry handle ideal for your shopping. £20. Only one colour is black but hey. Luckily I had the bike in the store so was easy to try it there and then..

Reactions: Eagleowl