Pendleton user manual

superspill

Just Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Hello all, I just purchased a Pendleton Somerby from Halfords - but it hasn't got a manual with it. I can't get through to Halfords by phone or on their online chat service, and although I've searched on the internet, can't find a manual to download anywhere. Can anyone help?
thanks

lollylowe

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2020
This appears to be happening alot, I was fobbed off with another models manual. I'm going to go to one of the stores tomorrow and get then to order it. They should come with manuals, as they are pricey bikes. Lorraine

Reactions: erinsmilieface

Helenka

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2020
I have just gone and picked up my Somerby E-bike. No manual with mine either, bell put on wrong way round and seat massively way to high. Seat and bell I can sort. Bit miffed about no manual.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
I have just gone and picked up my Somerby E-bike. No manual with mine either, bell put on wrong way round and seat massively way to high. Seat and bell I can sort. Bit miffed about no manual.
I bought the bike flat packed in its carton from halfords. I prefer to assemble my own bike, which takes less than an hour. The biggest job is getting rid of all the packaging.The manual (if I can remember) comes in a bag tied to the frame along with protective packing etc. The phylion battery also has a small instruction manual in the bottom of its own or the chargers small box.I suspect these manuals gets trown out with all the cartons and packing after the bike has been assembled. Make sure you have the battery lock keys.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
According to this publication (bottom page 2), compliance with EN 15194 is compulsory in UK. EN15194 has a specific requirement that written instructions should be provided with the bike. What should be included is outlined on page 3. I guess a pointer to an online version would be acceptable.

You could go back to your retailer and remind them of this obligation. Maybe print this out and show them what it says.

Helenka

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2020
I bought the bike flat packed in its carton from halfords. I prefer to assemble my own bike, which takes less than an hour. The biggest job is getting rid of all the packaging.The manual (if I can remember) comes in a bag tied to the frame along with protective packing etc. The phylion battery also has a small instruction manual in the bottom of its own or the chargers small box.I suspect these manuals gets trown out with all the cartons and packing after the bike has been assembled. Make sure you have the battery lock keys.
Thanks for coming back to me, I appreciate that.
Ahh, the gentleman dealing with me had taken the the small bag off and didn't give me the contents - which is frustrating.

Got the battery box, don't recall seeing a manual in that. But have definitely got the battery keys. They are attached to the bike.

Just a little bit frustrating as don't seem to have the right Allen key to adjust the seat. It would have been handy to know the size needed, so I can make sure I buy the correct one. Put it this way - the seat is too high for a 6ft 4in male and I am a 5ft 4in female!

Helenka

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2020
According to this publication (bottom page 2), compliance with EN 15194 is compulsory in UK. EN15194 has a specific requirement that written instructions should be provided with the bike. What should be included is outlined on page 3. I guess a pointer to an online version would be acceptable.

You could go back to your retailer and remind them of this obligation. Maybe print this out and show them what it says.
That is really helpful - thank you so much!

Pamelamccomb

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Just picked up my Somerby E-bike from halfords no manual with mine either, the problem I have is removing the battery pack from the bike, can anyway help, I have turned the key but the battery pack seems to be screwed into the rack and I have no idea how to remove it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Just picked up my Somerby E-bike from halfords no manual with mine either, the problem I have is removing the battery pack from the bike, can anyway help, I have turned the key but the battery pack seems to be screwed into the rack and I have no idea how to remove it
The manual is in post #2.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Apologies, where's post#2?
Click below:

Alicia21

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Can you remember where the keys were on the bike for the battery? I just received my bike but no k
Thanks for coming back to me, I appreciate that.
Ahh, the gentleman dealing with me had taken the the small bag off and didn't give me the contents - which is frustrating.

Got the battery box, don't recall seeing a manual in that. But have definitely got the battery keys. They are attached to the bike.

Just a little bit frustrating as don't seem to have the right Allen key to adjust the seat. It would have been handy to know the size needed, so I can make sure I buy the correct one. Put it this way - the seat is too high for a 6ft 4in male and I am a 5ft 4in female!
Do you remember where they were attached to the bike? I’ve just received my brand new bike but can’t find the keys anywhere

Pam wood

Just Joined
Jun 28, 2021

Pam wood

Just Joined
Jun 28, 2021
Thank you this was very helpful,I’m going to Halfords today ,my 3rd trip about my battery,not charging properly (as I’m 76 they keep fobbing me off but not this time I’ve got my walking sticks out ha!ha!) i just hope i make it as my battery is showing low now, don’t fancy pushing the bike as its really heavy.
the charger has never worked to my knowledge, after reading all this questions and Answers on this Webb site, so a big thank you to all

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you this was very helpful,I’m going to Halfords today ,my 3rd trip about my battery,not charging properly (as I’m 76 they keep fobbing me off but not this time I’ve got my walking sticks out ha!ha!) i just hope i make it as my battery is showing low now, don’t fancy pushing the bike as its really heavy.
the charger has never worked to my knowledge, after reading all this questions and Answers on this Webb site, so a big thank you to all
Don't forget to demand your manual, which they have a legal obligation to supply. Until people sort this out with them, we will continue to get one of these posts every couple of weeks, which is becoming tedious.

angelalala

Just Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Hi there, I've had my pendleton ebike for over a year. The battery lock has fallen off (screws still inside the battery compartment). Anyone had this issue before and know how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Poppy1

Just Joined
Oct 29, 2021
HI my battery lock has also fallen off cant seem to find a way to reconnect although I have the screws. Any help would be appreciated.