Pet trailer seat post attachment

Coademo

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Hi. I have a juicy roller and have been advised that the only pet trailer I can use has to be attached to the seat post. Motor wire comes out of the left axle so I can’t use a standard pet trailer. My dog is a mini schnauzer, so on the small side. I’m new to cycling as an aged (63) retired person.
Have any of you lovely people solved this problem or found a trailer I could use.
huge thanks.
Mo

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Adapt the tow hitch so it is RHS attached, some trailers might have dual side mount option. My Carryfreedom has a removable tow bar it can be used either side.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are all sorts of trailers with different fittings. Most can be adapted very easily. If it's a small dog, why not a basket.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The front basket is the obvious choice .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My unclean Boardman bike has AKM rear hub motor with LH motor cable exit, my trailer attachment is also on the same side.

DSCF1213.JPG

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
What dogs really like is a sidecar (never used one, but seen them in use with very happy dogs).

We had a seatpost mounted trailer when the children were younger (many years ago), with very clunky wooden custom built double child seat that clipped in. We adapted it for the dog at one point and the dog hated it; probably because we left it till the dog was too old. It doesn't fit our electric bike because of the height of the rack mounted battery (not an issue for OP), we still sometimes use it as a handcart.

I agree with the others on a basket if the dog is small enough.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What's that on your disc spoke at 1 o'clock? It looks like it's broken.
It's a small label that hasn't been removed along with the muck, I don't clean very often as it looks much the same after about an hours riding again.