Ping battery help.

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Do any of you Ping battery user's know what the BMS's red led's signify? Had a couple come on shortly before charging completed. I think it may be over voltage on those cell's and BMS is bleeding off the excess but I'm not sure.
After charge completed voltage at 40.08v dropping too 40.02v after standing 24hrs, does that seem correct?

mutmost

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2009
The red LED's I take as a good sign!

They are the BMS but showing all is working for a fully balananced battery they should all be on at the end of charging.

Mine stay off for a good while but when it gets almost done they start to come and dance about until they all stay lit.

HTH
My 36v 20AH comes straight off the charger at 45.3v so if mine is normally yours may need some balancing in which case just leave it plugged in for a while and let the BMs do it's thing.

Mutmost

mutmost

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2009
I've not seen the BMS cut out. I do 22 miles between charges which uses between 12-15ah depending on weather, lights, and effort etc.

I have done 2800miles on the ping battery (131 cycles) and it seems fine the only low number I see is when i turn the battery on and the reading the cycle analyst takes as everything warms up.:)

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Thank's guy's. Although the charger has cut off its still trickle charging so will leave connected until all lights come on..