Pingy power cable ?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I use a back pack battery for my GSM 29er hardtail.

Standard power lead being used but 7s really like to make a power lead out of spiral , pingy power cable.

But it will need to take 25a and 36v

Any ideas ? I can't find anything suitable

D

Deleted member 4366

Make your own. Use normal 14g silicone wire, black and red. Thread a metre length of heatshrink over it, wind it tight round a suitable diameter bar or mandrel and apply the heat to shrink the heatshrink. When you take it off, it will be a springy coil. QED.

• Useful
Reactions: anotherkiwi

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Make your own. Use normal 14g silicone wire, black and red. Thread a metre length of heatshrink over it, wind it tight round a suitable diameter bar or mandrel and apply the heat to shrink the heatshrink. When you take it off, it will be a springy coil. QED.
Genius !!

D

Deleted member 4366

Genius !!
Definition of an engineer. This is what they told me this on my first day at Glasgow Uni. "An engineer is a man that can do for a penny what any fool can do for a pound". The best engineer in our year was Fiona McDonald. She got 99% or 100% in every exam. The nearest to her were the Chinese in the low seventies. I don't know whether they changed the definition after that.

There were only about 3 women on the course out of 300 in the first year. I guess things are a little different now. I think that went down to 2 out of 100 that graduated.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Definition of an engineer. This is what they told me this on my first day at Glasgow Uni. "An engineer is a man that can do for a penny what any fool can do for a pound". The best engineer in our year was Fiona McDonald. She got 99% or 100% in every exam. The nearest to her were the Chinese in the low seventies. I don't know whether they changed the definition after that.

There were only about 3 women on the course out of 300 in the first year. I guess things are a little different now. I think that went down to 2 out of 100 that graduated.
You have posted that quote before years ago and I have never forgotten it

I will try toys and report back. Eventually as I'm off to Cardiff for a week's work then wife is off with her mates for 3 days.... Leaving me solo with 4 kids ! Zero time for pingy coils