planning a 700c commuter

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
But Yose Power is an Eu business, and you have no proof that they're not paying VAT. Surely, they have to pay VAT when they land the stuff in the EU. I know other EU companies that buy kits from China, and they all pay VAT on them.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But Yose Power is an Eu business, and you have no proof that they're not paying VAT. Surely, they have to pay VAT when they land the stuff in the EU. I know other EU companies that buy kits from China, and they all pay VAT on them.
they are not.
If they were, they would have charged you German VAT

they pay EU import duty but the goods are held by fulfillment houses, VAT is not due until the goods are sold to an EU business.
google 'bonded warehouse' for explanation.

A customs warehouse allows traders to store goods with duty or import VATpayments suspended. Once goods leave the warehouse, duty must be paid unless they're re-exported or move to another customs procedure. You must be authorised by HMRC to run a customs warehouse.

The Chinese don't run the warehouse, they pay for the fulfillment facility.

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Yeh, lets all find ways to pay more tax as governments (be they European, national or local) don't have enough money to misappropriate and malinvest. HS2 debacle and the current Chris Grayling relevations are just the obvious examples. The overall tax code is huge, overly complex and outdated. Capable of being manipulated by tax authorities, multinationals and the grossly rich alike, it can 'say' whatever anybody with enough legal clout wants it to 'say'.

I feel that the moral arguement that we should all pay all the tax due to support the society we live in, is in the process of disintegration. As the percentage tax take gets ever higher (not just VAT but all taxes) it is those without the wherewithall to fight the their corner that pay the higher relative amounts when threatened. If you or I demanded money with menaces, like the authorities do, we would quickly have our freedom curtailed. In other words, no-one pays any tax voluntarily. It is demanded and taken, with force if neccesary, against a background of threat and intimidation.
I see no moral imperative here.

Quickly ducks down and heads for the bunker !:eek:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The action of a few promoting cheaper prices from those who cheat hurt those who respect our laws.

Last edited:

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Whoosh- My head agrees with you but my horrible reptile brain sneakily agrees with Benjamin.