play in rear wheel with 8 fun moter

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all took my kudos mtb style ebike into local cycle hub for adjustments to my mech disks brakes, whilst checking my bike they noticed 2 broken spokes on rear wheel and a rear rack stay was broken.

they also found some (play) in the rear wheel if held top and bottom and moved back and forth.

new rack ordered and 2 spokes replaced (that makes 5 spokes ) in 2000miles.

what I do not know is how one adjusts bearings or replaces them in a rear wheel 26" with 8 fun hub moter,

the bike fitter was a bit loath to pull hub spindle /moter apart without a bit info, I hope this does not require brand new hub and wheel.

thank you all

D

Deleted member 4366

First you have to determin3 whether the movement is in the direction of the axle (only sideways movement), which is easy to fix, or whether it's the wheel tilting from side to side, which means worn bearings. Grab hold of the hub and see if you can pull/push it sideways, or does it only tilt?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks all with the bike upended if I hold the wheel horizontally ,the movement seems to be side to side rather than along the axel?

but if new bearings are needed where would I obtain them cannot see tom at lebc where I purchased bike having such an item.

thanks again

D

Deleted member 4366

Regardless of what method you use for problem solving, the first step is always the same: Before attempting to solve a problem, first define what the problem is. You can save a lot of time by describing it accurately.

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Hi footpump the motor is very easily opened up just a few screws. I have had mine dismantled because a screw came adrift, guess you are miles away from me Nr. Wigan if you need hands on help, but obtaining and replacing the bearings is quite easy. Hope all goes well for you