Please help to choose E-bike for 2 child trailer and unfit parents.

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Yes it was for you, but was just looking for someone to confirm if this was what you need.
Thank you very much Joe. I thought it was.

@Nealh what do you think?
To me it looks OK I have to do some measurements and possibly ask the seller too.
The good thing is the seller makes custom brackets so i think we have a solution.

Cheers
Greg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For both of you it should do the job nicely without the need to drill out the original hitch. If I were to have one made up I would maybe want the plate to be about 20mm longer so all of the hitch sits on it.

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
For both of you it should do the job nicely without the need to drill out the original hitch. If I were to have one made up I would maybe want the plate to be about 20mm longer so all of the hitch sits on it.
Luckily the bike guy whom serviced the trailer offered to drill up the hitch to 12mm he also tried to enlarge the rim but only got to 22mm before he had to stop because he was going to hit the welding.

What he advised after that to get a serrated flange nut with a smaller flange diameter.
I ordered some (15 in fact) should be here next week.

If that fails for some reason I get the one from eBay or ask the seller to make one for me.

Thanks for the help
I will post some impressions of the 705se and trailer in action.

Cheers
Greg

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Hi everyone
It has been a while and I thought I would give my impressions of the wisper 705se that my wife had been using since the end of June beginning of July.
This is not a review as you would expect it as biking is not something we have a lot of experience in. This is really just giving our impressions of it as 2 unfit parents who decided biking is something that we want to do.

I had only been on the bike 2-3 times but my wife had done around 400 miles on it.
It is a comfortable bike that is easy to ride. The assistance is very apparent not really jolty and although it is loud-ish I don't mind it is nice to know it is working. When I rode it I didn't find it hard to speed up or climb the hill at our house.

My wife described it that the assistance is just enough so she she can put in the work if she want it but it's there when she needed it.

Today was the first day when she took our son to nursery. But she has done many trips with the GIANT Peapod bike trailer. It is easy enough for her to pull the two kids in the trailer along and this bike is perfectly adequate to tow the trailer. However she wouldn't want to climb steeper hills.

Lastly I am so proud of her as she had been out with the bike at every opportunity going on mornings out with the kids and I don't think she would had been so successful if it wouldn't had been the right bike.

Ps: the most frustrating thing was to attach the trailer. The adapter recommended from eBay worked a treat and the guy who makes it unprompted recommended pedelecs forum in a message.

It's now time to look for a bike for me. But that's another thread.

Thanks everyone who gave advice.

Reactions: Gaz and D C