Powabyke Commuter suspension

Subspace

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2016
Herts
Hello,
I recently bought a second hand Powabyke 24 Speed Commuter. It works quite well and has the lithium battery upgrade so it's not as heavy as the lead-acid models. However it can be a bit bumpy and I wondered if I could replace the fork with a suspension fork.
James.

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hello,
I recently bought a second hand Powabyke 24 Speed Commuter. It works quite well and has the lithium battery upgrade so it's not as heavy as the lead-acid models. However it can be a bit bumpy and I wondered if I could replace the fork with a suspension fork.
James.
Hi James.

Changing to suspension forks shouldn't be too much of a problem. What you'll need to pay attention to is the length of the steerer tube & the width at the dropouts, assuming it's a front motor.
It would be worth avoiding generic, cheapo forks, as they may not give you much benefit. Hope this is of some help.

Regards, Mark

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
You'll need to be a bit careful, as (IIRC) it has a quil stem, with a 1" steerer. Finding suspension forks for these is harder as most are designed for mountain bikes, which use a bigger tube.

Have you tried using balloon tyres instead? Schwalbe Big Apple or Fat Frank give a very smooth ride.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV and mw1

Subspace

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2016
Herts
Thanks for the advice.

I didn't consider balloon tyres and I just put a new set of tyres on it. Oh well.