powacycle salisbury battery connector pins

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

I have somehow managed to damage the connector pins in the battery compartment. They connect the battery to the controller. I asked ebikes direct for a replacement and they want 22 pounds. Seems a bit steep to me does anyone know where else I could he this from?

Thanks

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
It might be worth trying your local bike shop- mine often has old/broken bikes where the owner has just said keep it, it's not worth fixing when there are problems sourcing parts or it's going to cost too much (new battery needed). It's usually the catalogue or internet bought ones with names you only see once or twice, but many parts look similar from a cursory glance.

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for your replies, I will buy this part as it without the bike is useless.

Bikes are pretty good though, I used the chat on their site and the gave a reply the same day, can't fault their service.

Thanks

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
These are the normal connector pins which are situated in the battery compartment in the bike, they connect the battery to the controller I think.

Anyway they are like to clips and slot into the bottom of the battery when you push the battery into the battery compartment on the bike.

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
These are the normal connector pins which are situated in the battery compartment in the bike, they connect the battery to the controller I think.

Anyway they are like to clips and slot into the bottom of the battery when you push the battery into the battery compartment on the bike.

IIRC the bottom pins are spring loaded, retracting slightly when the weight of the battery rests directly on to them.

I have a spare set which I took off a Powacycle Cambridge, includes the mounting bracket.
Do you have you a pic of these just to make sure they are the same?

Send me a PM if interested?

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Attachment of battery compartment

Thanks for the pic, it's very different to the one I thought it was.
Powacycle, they are worse than Nokia for changing connectors.

My other Powacycle just has a 4 pin connection, top two pins for battery output, bottom two pins for the charger. I prefer this type of connection as it's less prone to water splash and run off (situated at the top of the battery case). Plus they only cost a few quid inc male/female parts.

You could wire up/solder any assortment of connectors if you don't fancy paying £22, pricey!!

D

Deleted member 4366

It's difficult to see from the photo, but the arrangement looks similar to my bike with two fixed pins on the receiver and two sprung sockets on the battery. On mine, one of my batteries became intermittent contact, so I used a small screwdriver to lever the sprung part out to make a tighter contact and it's been ok since. The two battery sockets had a fixed flat side and a bent over loop on the other. There's just enough room to get the screwdriver into the loop to force the one side over to the fixed part by twisting the screwdriver.

Attachments