Powacycle salisbury not working

Hazel2705

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2011
Had my bike for 6 weeks and it's stopped working!

The pedal became loose a few weeks ago and it's booked in for repair next week. Today the power just cut out. Thought it was battery so have charged it up. If I lift up the back wheel and pull back the throttle and it will kick in for a second then stop. One time I tried it the power kicked in a stayed on for about 20 seconds then stopped again. There is nothing at all when I pedal.

I've rung the place I bought it from and they said they will get back to me tomorrow as it might be easily fixed.

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's just a loose connection somewhere but I've looked at it (I know looking at it won't work :p) and wiggled a few wires. Should I remove the battery and wiggle that?

Bit annoying as I need to get to work on it at 8am!

ade

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2011
hi when i first started using e-bikes 2 years ago i bought the Salisbury AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM at the rear wheel where the power wire goes into the motor there was a broken wire beware this can also be damaged by the freewheel as it is very close to it ,i also had the same problem with the throttle which would work on and off, i would not advise messing around with it you are still covered under the warranty i hope you get better support than i did because the dealer i bought mine from did not have a clue i found it better going to powacycle direct and they kicked his butt ! they were very good however that said the bike got me 20miles a day 5 days a week for a year with no further problems

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
you say the pedal came loose ? does it have a pedal sensor if so it may have dislodged the sensor and not sending any signal.

Hazel2705

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2011
I seem to have got it working again. I went and had another look at it after dinner and gave the wires another wiggle and it all came back to life! I had a little pedal up the road to start with it was juddering like the chain was slipping a couple of times then I went over a drain so it bounced around a bit and it started going along smoothly again so did a mile around the block and it was fine and flying along.

I'll get Halfords to give it a look over and service if needs be when they repair the loose pedal (Halfords said it probably just needs tightening) and see how I go. It's a good 50 minute drive to where I bought it from so would lke to avoid going there unless I have to.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably upgrade to a more expensive bike next summer as I seem to be slightly addicted to cycling now and rarely use the car!