Powacycle Salisbury Throttle

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

The throttle on my salisbury has stopped working all of a sudden. It was working fine this morning but now when I twist it nothing happens :( .

The pedelec works fine.

Does anybody know what I should check to find the cause?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

First check that it's properly plugged in to the controller. When mine packed up, I found it was one of the three wires to the hall sensor inside the throttle had come off - required re-soldering. It had become intermittent first, which was a bit of a clue to a connectio problem. If your throttle is similar to mine, you have to remove it completely from the handle bars to get it apart. Once off, you can lever the twistgrip away from the other bit and then see inside. There may be a screw on cover to remove as well. Once you have exposed the hall sensor, you can check the continuity of each of the three wires between the connector (at the controller end) and the hall sensor with a meter. Good luck.

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
It wasn't intermittent but I will give it a try.

Thanks
i to had throttle faliure recently and after some continuity test found a wire had parted inside the sleaving some way from the throttle housing. these wire's are very light gauge and liable to fatigue breaks.

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks, I haven't really had a chance to look at this at the moment because of the bad weather, but will give a go when the weather clears up and new car battery has been sorted.

:D