Powacycle Windsor RIP

nin26

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2008
Poole, BH16
Two years from initial purchase, my electric biking days have ended. In that time, I have had an entire replacement bike, 3 throttles and two motors - and now I need a third motor, 4th throttle and a new controller, which will cost me in all about £200. The battery must be due replacement soon too. At the moment, its the only electric thing on the bike that works other than the handlebar switch and the pedal sensor.

I can't afford to keep throwing money at this thing, begging lifts for me and the bike to take it for repair when it's gone wrong and then not having it for weeks on end. All I wanted was to commute an 8 mile daily round trip to work and go for a few bike rides with the kids - I didn't think that was too much to ask.

Powacycle don't seem to think that it's unreasonable that the bike has gone wrong so much and aren't prepared to replace anything for less than the full retail cost as the bike is out of warranty. Neither are the bike shop.

I can't even get a new bike on the Cycle to Work Scheme as I'm on a temporary contract - even though I've been on it for two years so far, it doesn't count unless I get offered a permanent one.

I can't afford a Wisper, no matter how much I'd like one. And I'm certainly not going to be able to save for one when I'll be paying out for a bus to work every day.

So that it's folks - end of the line. :(

nin26

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2008
Poole, BH16
Hi David. I'm in Dorset - thank you, but I'm going to struggle to find enough cash even for a recon bike.

All our transport has decided to die at once - the car's up on Ebay for a tenner for spares after it pegged it at the weekend (we can't afford to get it fixed) and my OH just paid out over £400 on his scooter to get it through the MOT. The last thing I needed was my bike going wrong again too - and so spectacularly at that.

I'm utterly gutted.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry to hear about your transport problems Nin, bear my offer in mind when you are ready to replace. We may be able to get finance arranged for you through a dealer.

Best regards

David

nin26

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2008
Poole, BH16
Thank you David, I will - although it will probably be a long way down the line. I had to sell my beloved 1986 Kawasaki Ninja to buy the Windsor - now I only have a completely broken and useless Windsor to sell - there's so little left on it that works, I doubt that anyone would want it even for spares.