powatryke rasping

ejsmith

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Hi,
hope this is the right forum.

My powatryke has started to make a 'metal on metal' rattle/rasp. I've checked mud guards etc, oiled chains and other moving parts. Since the noise only occurs when I'm using full acceleration I am assuming that this is to do with the motor, and by the sound I think there is a problem inside the casing on the front wheel. Is there anything I can do about it or is it a symptom of needing a service?

Elizabeth

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Hi,
hope this is the right forum.

My powatryke has started to make a 'metal on metal' rattle/rasp. I've checked mud guards etc, oiled chains and other moving parts. Since the noise only occurs when I'm using full acceleration I am assuming that this is to do with the motor, and by the sound I think there is a problem inside the casing on the front wheel. Is there anything I can do about it or is it a symptom of needing a service?

Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth, how old is your trike? Where are you located in the country and I will try and find a local dealer who can look at it for you. Alternatively call Phil Spencer on 01384 253976, he is our wheel expert so should be able to confirm if the wheel needs servicing or refurbishing.

Regards

FrankC
Powabyke Ltd