Powerbyke 6 Ls Reviews???

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Powerbyke 6 Ls
I've never heard of that...do you mean Powabyke X6 ?

I had one and found the front end far too heavy and I came off twice while trying to turn at walking speed...trying to turn right in traffic, I found impossible.

.....Mike

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
It's a Powabyke X6, one of the X-byke range, with a low step through frame (hence the LS)

X-6 LS Powabyke : Electric Bikes & Electric Scooters

You'll find a user review of the X6 on this site, that's basically the same bike with a differently shaped frame:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bike-reviews/3310-powabyke-x6-review.html

a-to-b magazine reviewed the X-24 back in January 2009. Which has the same motor and electronics but different frame and more gears. You can get a digital subscription to a-to-b magazine which will give you on-line access to their last few years back issues from:

A to B magazine, folding bikes, electric bicycles, trailers, sister publication to Miniature Railway magazine

I've been using an X6 for my 10 mile daily commute for over a year now. Overall it's a nice little short range e-bike with good support from the manufacturers. For me it's good because it's got a powerful motor for hill climbing and without the motor it rides like normal utility bike.

If you contact Powabyke via their website they should be able to point you in the direction of your nearest dealer and arrange a test ride for you.

Jasper13

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2009
Thats the ladies version of mine - I've really enjoyed riding mine, never had a problem turning...

Currently riding an old Izip where the motor and battery are on the rear - I find this much harder to move around (whils not riding). I prefer the X-Byke where the weight is spread more evenly - I have no problem carrying the X byke down station steps.

Issues with the battery falling off the bike, thou your bike should have the new locking battery I guess - please check this!

Motor is powerful, top speed seems faster than my izip, build is Ok as long as you plan no off road riding...

Price - cheap compared to most E-bikes.

Range - a little low - 36V 6AHr batery I found covered about 18 miles on pedal assist.

R13

paulastar

May 27, 2010
Not too sure

Having read the reviews on the link supplied, I'm even more unsure. It does sound quite negative, especaially about the suspension and thumb throttle, but several negative comments.

I'm only 5'2" - thus the reason for a small frame.

Can anyone recommend another electric bike that would be any good for me please?

Jasper13

Aug 21, 2009
Paula, you will need to tell us a little about your requirements!
How far/fast do you intend to go? Do you have a bike at the moment that you might want to convert?

What is your buget? What are the roads like where you intend to use it? Other things to consider - what e bikes does your local bike shop stock? How far would you travel to have your Bike serviced?
re the throttle - its a pretty standard one - most e-bikes have some thing similar I think - unless you get one that just adds a multiple to your pedaling power.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
see link below,same as a kalkhoff Agattu but a lot cheaper,smilar price to Powabyke but far superior
Where abouts are you,you may be able to view an Agattu of a forum member ?
Technium cycling Products At Wiggle - cycle

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
well its either 40% 50% or 70%...or even 100% !!! depending on settings,100% being switched off of course

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Having read the reviews on the link supplied, I'm even more unsure. It does sound quite negative, especaially about the suspension and thumb throttle, but several negative comments.

I'm only 5'2" - thus the reason for a small frame.

Can anyone recommend another electric bike that would be any good for me please?
Paul,I may have some thing to suit,where abouts do you live please?

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
What about ....Urban Mover Sprite Electric Bike....at Halfords....£700
....everybody (nearly) is close to a Halfords....an important point I think.

.....go look at one...let us know your opinion...I'm considering the gents model...not available 'till July.

.....Mike

paulastar

May 27, 2010
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/m/cycle/7/Technium/

That does look quite good - feeling a bit more positive now. The battery is 26V 10Ah (260Wh), compared to the Powabyke LS being Lithium 36 Volt, 6ah. (doesn't mean much to me tho)!!! More advice needed on the 2 please!!!

I don't have a bike that's worth adapting. It's mainly to get around and about Lichfield (Staffordshire) - maybe about 10 miles or so required, but possibly more on occasion. Mostly road usage, but would like to be able to go on grass paths, etc, when necessary.

Price range is up to £1k, but would prefer less as funds are tight.

Local suppliers only have Izip (over £1k) and Trek (heading towards £2k - but look lovely).

I do want to do some pedalling myself, but don't want to be a sweaty mess by the time I get to work. I'm working on my fitness levels lol.

paulastar

May 27, 2010
Just checked out the Urban Mover Sprite - it's too big for me :( Need about 15/16 in frame - I'm such a shortie!!!

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
the Agattu/technium is good for 30-50 miles,but it will be the lower figure if you use mainly medium/high power.I have ridden across grass at a local park when they were doing maintenance to the cycle path.It has front suspension..a must nowadays and is easy to ride with no power..see the 11 tooth spocket thread if you want to go a bit quicker than 15mph...of road of course....:D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Agattu/technium at that price is a steal. or a wisper folder?

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I'm thinking of buying one of these, Could anyone give me a review on it. I don't want to buy it and find it's a waste of Money. Oppinions please???

Sorry - POWABYKE 6 LS see below

Powabyke X-Byke X-6LS 6 Speed Lithium Ion Ladies Electric Bike - Free Delivery

Any advice is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hiya

My wife is 5`2" and just bought this for her a few months ago Synergie Bikes - Breeze

She doesn`t like her saddle high so I removed the suspended saddle post. the motor is a 36V brushed motor that has bags of punch. What she really likes is the eco and sport setting on the handlebars. I did leave a review on the forum after she bought it. Good value for the money and well finished with good quality gear.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Last edited: