Presteigne 2011

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry forgot to say, Wisper bikes will be available to try with On Bike!

Things are calming down a little with the new bikes, so hopefully I will be able to make it but we will not have a specific Wisper stand.

All the best

David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi David, Just had a look at your blog and new stuff looks excellent! Packaging for DaaHub with wheel bag etc...Nice to see such effort in the detail. What size battery will the Eco have? Plus the SEL looks very exciting indeed :D

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
dont know if anybody has already mentioned this but i read that there will be a 50m bike ride ? is this right or a missprint. if its right then i cant see more than a third of the bikes being able to get the range.

Apr 19, 2011
Justebikes bring HAiBiKE, KOGA and SPARTA to Presteigne

dont know if anybody has already mentioned this but i read that there will be a 50m bike ride ? is this right or a missprint. if its right then i cant see more than a third of the bikes being able to get the range.
Hi theskip1 (is there a 2?). You could do the 50 miles on a Haibike... it will easily cover this distance.

We will be exhibiting at this year's Tour de Presteigne. Included on the stand are examples of the much sort after HAiBiKE eQ XDuro with its BOSCH middlemotor drive system. HAiBiKE, SPARTA and KOGA e-bikes will available for folk to test-ride and buy.

Rgds,
James

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
Hi theskip1 (is there a 2?). You could do the 50 miles on a Haibike... it will easily cover this distance.

We will be exhibiting at this year's Tour de Presteigne. Included on the stand are examples of the much sort after HAiBiKE eQ XDuro with its BOSCH middlemotor drive system. HAiBiKE, SPARTA and KOGA e-bikes will available for folk to test-ride and buy.

Rgds,
James
well! you dont miss a trick do you!!
missconstruing what I said just to peddle your wares.
( theskip1,just the one, the only one, singular, not just another of the miriad salesman.)

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thats good news James...probably the highlight of the show! Good luck!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David, Just had a look at your blog and new stuff looks excellent! Packaging for DaaHub with wheel bag etc...Nice to see such effort in the detail. What size battery will the Eco have? Plus the SEL looks very exciting indeed :D
Thanks Eddie, the first few DaaHubs will be here in the next week or two with the main stock arriving in June, the Eco will carry our new 36V 11Ah battery.

The sel has been a real challenge, over the last twelve months we have have been working with the Japanese motor producer Dapu to create a very torquee rear motor. (Dapu supply us with our powerful front motors used on the Wisper Alpino bikes and DaaHub kits) The new motor is wider than most so getting the 8 gears into the frame along with the disc brake has been fun, and due to the extra power available we have even had to manufacture our own drop out with stainless steel inserts as the frame alloy was not hard enough.

sel drop out R 100.jpg

However it is has certainly been worth it, we have upped the power available from the newly designed controller, this coupled with our new 36V 16Ah battery has produced a real fire cracker of a bike! We had hoped to launch the bike at Presteign however we will not have them in the UK until next month along with the new Ecos and the upgraded 8 series folding bikes.

I have promised to start a new thread on the new bikes and will try and get this done this week.

All the best

David :D

Attachments

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Hi David,

Appoligies if this has been asked and answered previously...I'm in the planning stage for my next bike and the Daahub is high on the list so I wanted to know if the kit is front wheel only or (from your post above) available in a rear wheel config? Also, where could I test ride the kit? In a previous thread the great freewheel ability of the motor was talked about and I wanted to experience it and compare to the Bafang before splashing the cash...

Oh: please update the Daahub web site, its so slow!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Nigel

I am going to try and get along to Presteign, if I do I will bring a bike set up with a pre production prototype DaaHub kit.

Otherwise we have the first few kits in the UK later in May I am sure we can find a way to get a trial for you.

The system is only front wheel drive because of the complications of fitting a new rear wheel.

I will have a look at the DaaHub site tomorrow and get it up to date!

All the best

David

D

Deleted member 4366

I did the Tour de Presteign ride today. It was really good fun and good company. The weather was bad at first. We started in rain, but I didn't bother with waterproofs because it looked like it was going to be a very wet ride and I was going to get wet sooner or later anyway. We had hardly gone a mile when we were negotiating a partly flooded bit of road and a car came along at full speed and sent a tsunami over us, which I don't think many waterproofs would have survived. After a couple of hours the rain eased off and the rest of the ride was really pleasant. Some of the hills were very steep, but all the bikes (about 8 if I remember correctly) managed to negotiate them with a bit of pedal power. All the bikes seemed to use about the same amount of battery apart from the Daum that seemed to make its own electricity. Mine used a bit less than the other hub motors because I was pedalling a bit harder, especially on the hills, so I completed the 50 miles on one and a half 9aH batteries.Thanks to the organisers for arranging it and I think we should all congratulate Sid Yates for completing it on his non-electric bike. I don't know how he got up those hills - he must have had a secret anti-gravity device. Maybe see some of you at the show tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 19, 2011
A big thank you and well done to Pete and Andy at Onbike for putting on such a great weekend (and to the gods for their fair weather). One of the non e-bike highlights for me was Sammy Smith and his guitar entertaining a pub full on Saturday night; amazing talent from one so young.... can someone there please get Sammy out of his kitchen day job and on to the road? Did anyone else see/hear him?

James

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Myself and all the Kudos guys really enjoyed the Tour de Presteigne. It was such a pleasure to meet such a friendly and genuinely enthusiastic group of people. We are newbies to this industry so appreciative of the knowledge of others. The weather teased between showers and bright sunshine but I think most rode every bike of interest and still remain dry-at one point we had every Kudos sample bike out on trial,one couple took our Duke and Duchess cycles on an extended trip,which they clearly enjoyed.
Big thank you to Andy and Pete,especially enjoyed the strong band in the pub on Saturday night.
Thanks to all who attended.
Dave Elderfield
MD,KudosCycles.

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
The TdP 2011 was another great event. I have been to the last four and still got a lot out of this one. The 50 milers on the Saturday were really challenged with the rain when the time came to leave. Such was the downpour that everyone present retired to the local cafe for half an hour before starting. It says something that electric bikes can still perform when exposed to such elements!

There were two options on the Saturday night - the music which everyone has raved about and the comedienne, who clearly has some talent but not for a very long show!

Good on Kudos for bringing so many bikes to try - I managed to get on three. The Storck is a great looking bike and seemed to be under constant trial. There also seemed to be a lot of interest in the folders present.

The orienteering seemd to attract a fair few entrants after rumours there might be only be a couple. The parade was great. I met Aldby (in disguise as a surgeon) who was described as somewhat clinical in his riding mastery according to the humorous comments of Ian Marchant who gave a sort of musical commentary (complete with 'Singing in the rain' when the shower came down at the end of the race.

It was a really enjoyable event. Life is what you make it and if you have a positive attitude to what you might learn and are interested in meeting like minded friendly people, swopping info on bikes, batteries and the best of the rest, you will get a lot out of it.

Thanks to the organisers. Bring on TdP 2012

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

John,

We meet again, you can't have too many threads on Presteigne. You have sold me on going for the whole weekend next time.

I would also like to thank the organisers for the time and effort put into the events;)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
I just want to echo everyone's points. It was a great show and a great bunch of people to talk to!
I hope to see more next year.
Thanks to the team for all their efforts over the past months in organising

All the best
Mark

C

Cyclezee

Presteigne Results

Was going to do this Eurovision style, but I started to feel sick:rolleyes:

The results of the Orienteering Hill Ride

1st - Len Griffith: 1hour 4mins:p

2nd - Tom Bennet: 1hour 7 mins:p

3rd - Me : 1hour 16 mins:D

More info and photos click here http://www.tourdepresteigne.co.uk/

Oh, by the way Tania, you are completely bonkers! Lady Gaga has a rival.

If proof were needed here it is aaaDSC5670.jpg