Pretigo 350w ebike can it go faster?

craig1234

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2024
Hey everyone has anyone successfully deristrictwd one of these bikes?
I have tried all the things I can find online but nothing has worked.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Faster than what ? the legal 15.5mph ?

Police are cracking down on dangerous riders who speed about in places normally restricted to normal bicycles, because they are a danger to everyone.

If you want to go faster, buy a moped or motorcycle.

TBH getting a cheapo ebike to go a lot faster is inherently dangerous to the rider because the bike isnt really meant to reach high speeds. The components like the brakes are likely to become overwhelmed.
You need to stop in an emergency, its highly possible that you cannot stop in time.
Things are usually build with a criteria in mind, and once you go over that it just becomes unsafe to use.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
You probably mean Petrigo? Petrigo currently make 59 different e-bike models, each of which can be specified with different motors, controllers, displays. You're going to need to be far more specific as to which you're talking about - either give a link or post photos.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Your bike will be particularly difficult to derestrict because all of the wiring runs through the frame, it has an integrated controller, integrated battery, and a locked display.

It can be done but it will be a lot of faffing about.

craig1234

May 22, 2024
Your bike will be particularly difficult to derestrict because all of the wiring runs through the frame, it has an integrated controller, integrated battery, and a locked display.

It can be done but it will be a lot of faffing about.
I managed to get the controller out but couldn't find anyway of doing it.
I did manage to make the throttle stop working though lol.
Still works fine on pedal assist though.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Petrigo Tdc01z.
Thankyou for any help
There's an old ad for one on FB that shows that bike uses a Yolin YL70E display. Those are preconfigured at the factory to each manufacturers specs my manual says based on 3 core versions (although I know there have been other variants added since my manual). According to my manual for it, only the YL70E-A3 sub-version allows the top speed to be changed. If that's the sub-version you have you hold both buttons down for 2 seconds, and it's the second parameter. If yours doesn't do that, yours is either a different sub-version or Petrigo have had that function disabled.

Reactions: jedd

craig1234

May 22, 2024
There's an old ad for one on FB that shows that bike uses a Yolin YL70E display. Those are preconfigured at the factory to each manufacturers specs my manual says based on 3 core versions (although I know there have been other variants added since my manual). According to my manual for it, only the YL70E-A3 sub-version allows the top speed to be changed. If that's the sub-version you have you hold both buttons down for 2 seconds, and it's the second parameter. If yours doesn't do that, yours is either a different sub-version or Petrigo have had that function disabled.

View attachment 57881
Thankyou. I have tried holding the buttons down and nothing happens so I presume you can't change it.
As I said I also looked at the controller and nothing there. Not even a magnet on the wheel as I know some bikes can be sped up that way.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You can change the controller.
You can hack or spoof the speed signal in the motor cable
You can try cutting the speed signal wire
You can try removing a/the magnet inside the hub.