Pretty dumb question perhaps

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Hi, My knowledge of bike mechanics is ptetty low really so my question is, I've got a Woosh Zephyr B bike with disc brakes (which are new to me, disc brakes that is). After some advice on the forum I'm thinking of getting a Tracx Antares trainer for the winter months and I'm told I will have to remove the front wheel to fit the stand in place of it. I tried this morning, I loosened the clip and I'm finding one side of the wheel drops out but the side where the disc brake is doesn't want to move what am I doing wrong?
\any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Peter B

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
You have probably not undone the QR skewer enough.
Hold the black plastic nut on the opposite side of the skewer lever, rotate the lever anticlockwise for about 3 turns, you'll see the skewer will open a lot more and the wheel will come out easily.
Your Zephyr has hydraulic brakes, don't touch the brake levers. Watch the video.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Extra tip; Once the wheel is off insert a spacer/ folded stiff card between the brake pads, if you accidently pull the lever the calipers won't need forcing apart.

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Thanks for that Trex and Heath, wheel is now out and that's another piece of knowledge I've acquired, well done you two for the quick response.

Reactions: Emo Rider