Pro Connect Impulse 2.0 offer | ExtraEnergy Double Win

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

Kalkhoff's 2014 Pro Connect Impulse 2.0 Alfine electric bike has just arrived in stock in all sizes and we've already had a glowing customer review. An owner in Cambridge wrote to tell us:

"This bike has really changed how I enjoy my commute. I owned an Ultramotor Hybrid 26 before and this bike is in a totally different league. Better in every possible way. Every design is just perfect for it's job. Every component, from the maintenance free Alfine hub, to the chain guard, the puncture proof tyres, the LED lights and even the bell! Extremely practical and all highly usable. The range on my Hybrid 26 was 25-30 miles (392wh battery), this bike, despite having only 50% more battery, got a whopping 75 miles on the first ride! And one of the best things is it rides just like a normal bike, thanks to the crank drive configuration. So if I run out of juice, it's no bother cycling with just my legs... Cannot praise this bike enough. You will not be disappointed. I consider it a bargain at this price too, considering the huge battery and top-end Alfine hub."​

We're offering an introductory £100 off from now until the end of March (midnight on Monday 31st) with the promotional code PROCONNECT8G. Just enter the code when checking out online, ordering over the phone or when shopping in one of our showrooms. I rode the Pro Connect this morning through Bushy Park to take the photograph above and was struck by how effortlessly smooth and willing this bike is, and I've ridden all the Pro Connects since 2008.
Read more about the new Pro Connect Alfine here

Double Win for Impulse 2.0 in 2014 ExtraEnergy Awards

ExtraEnergy is the World's leading electric bike testing organisation and Derby Cycle (manufacturer of Kalkhoff and Focus bicycles) picked up wins in two categories this year. The Focus Thron Premium (above) won the Sport Offroad Pedelec title while the Endeavour Impulse S11 romped home in the Sport Road Pedelec category. A great double win for the new Impulse 2.0 electric bike system. These awards are hard to come by Kalkhoff has picked up multiple category wins year after year.

All-Terrain Action! Focus Thron Premium video

Focus have produced a great video of what the Thron can do out in the wild (though the film starts off cruising through a town, presumably in Germany but possibly in Swizerland).

NEW Download the full Kalkhoff 2014 Electric Bikes Brochure Now
You can now see all the models in the 2014 Kalkhoff range by downloading the brochure as a pdf file.

A big development for 2014 is the Impulse 2.0 electric bike system which offers more power and some other very useful features like Shift Assist, Climb Assist and enormous range. We've prepared a page describing what's new and what it means when you're riding - What's new in the Kalkhoff Impulse 2.0 Electric Bikes

That's all for now. If you've any questions, get in touch via the Live Chat facility on our website or call us on Freephone 0333 900 5050. Don't forget to download the new Kalkhoff brochure from our website in the meantime!

Tim & the 50cycles Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I see all the links have been disabled in my post as well as in my signature, in case you want to see any of the bikes mentioned here, visit www.50cycles.com

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Only administrators can add links to signatures. I've added it back in for you.

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
Is that £100 off offer this week only for the 8G Alfine model, or is it available for the 10G XT model as well?
Would much prefer the black colour of the 10G XT with disc brakes

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello flapjack, it's only for the Pro Connect 8G Alfine model. I can't see the XT version being on offer, only a small number are available this season.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Just over 4 hours left on this offer now. The promotional code PROCONNECT8G at checkout will save £100 on all frame sizes between now and midnight.