Probably a silly question about batteries

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Yes i totally agree to me the torq was easy to understand:D but that sprint must be a different set up it does sound more complicated but you normally find after a period of time it will all start to make sense:confused: however written instructions would solve this problem.:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm a bit annoyed about the fact that EZEE have already withdrawn the Liv and now have the Liv Plus with a Lithium battery, makes me feel like my models out of date before I have even broken it in. What are the downsides about this for me, is it mainly that if I had to buy a new battery it would cost mega bucks ?
This isn't 50cycles fault Joanieb, there's a major cost and supply problem with the metal nickel at the moment as both Tim and I have reported elswhere in the forum. Until that changes the position is that Li-ion only are available. Also, with the current situation NiMh prices have doubled from some suppliers so would be dearer than Li-ion for the time being anyway.

When the nickel supply becomes adequate in due course, I've no doubt the bikes that normally used it will be back on offer, so your bike isn't in any way out of date.

Mike Robinson

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Mike or anyone , see for the switch at the side for the pedelec mode, I seem to get throttle when its at either 0 or 1, which number do you have it at when you don't get throttle ?
I can use the throttle when switched to 1. I tried the pedelec mode (switched to 0) but it didn't seem to do much (see below).

I'm a bit annoyed about the fact that EZEE have already withdrawn the Liv and now have the Liv Plus with a Lithium battery, makes me feel like my models out of date before I have even broken it in.
The only difference is the type of battery. Neither battery is better than the other it's just the Nimh isn't available as flecc says. I think you still have a great bike.

PS So if you have the bike in Pedelec mode you HAVE TO pedal to get the motor to work BUT you also have to TWIST the throttle
Now in NON-Pedelec Mode (also know as E Bike mode) you don't have to pedal BUT you do have to twist the throttle.
Now I understand ... I think ... or do I ... nope it's gone completely:)

Mike

Reactions: peerjay56

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
PS So if you have the bike in Pedelec mode you HAVE TO pedal to get the motor to work BUT you also have to TWIST the throttle
Now in NON-Pedelec Mode (also know as E Bike mode) you don't have to pedal BUT you do have to twist the throttle.
this sounds the same as my powabyke system if it is i dont think its a true pedalec system, but it works well once you get used to it,even in pedalec you are in total control of how much power you use.
mike