probably seeking step-through or folding with both pedal and throttle assist

haffertee

Just Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Hello :)

My first venture into the electric bike world was to buy a 2nd-hand throttle assist only step-through off ebay for £300 to see if I would use it. I use it all the time and would now like something with a bigger range and where I can be less lazy about pedalling, with the option of being lazy if I want to. I live in Leeds, where there are lots of long and steep hills.

I'd like to be able to take it on the train, so wonder about a folding bike which I can take on any train however full. I wondered about a woosh zephyr cd. It folds, it does pedal and throttle assist. But I can't try it before I buy, and I'm not good at fixing things or putting them together so I wouldn't know what to do if it went wrong as it looks as if they sometimes do.

I tried a volt metro. It was ok. It went up the hill. It weighed about the same as my current bike. It felt like a lot of money for not much gain. I've tried my friend's tesco hopper and I couldn't really feel the difference. The kalkhoff agattu I tried wasn't for me - I need throttle assist too.

Any suggestions? I could go up to £1600 for something that really suited me, but less than £1000 would be nice.

thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 4366

There's loads in that price range, but none of them are easy to take on the train unless you're talking about very occasional trips. The Kudos Secret and the various Woosh ones are what I'd be looking at. You can pay a bit more and get slightly better stuff, but there won't be a massive difference in power between the 36v ones. The 24v ones will have a bit less power.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Haffertee,

Welcome to the forum.

Our eZee powered Dahon folder might be of interest to you, the standard 10Ah battery can be upgraded to 14Ah for an additional £100 which would increase the range. Click on the following link to see it http://cyclezee.com/ezee-dahon.html