Problem with the website?

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
Has anyone else noticed that this website seems to be working very slowly? My broadband connection is fine on all the other websites I use, but I'm waiting ages to read your words of wisdom.

Last edited:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Has anyone else noticed that this website seems to be working very slowly? My broadband connection is fine on all the other websites I use, but I'm waiting ages to read your words of wisdom.
Interesting. It is pretty much instant for me tonight.

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
Must be just one of those mysteries of the internet. I had to sit watching this page very slowly load before I could reply! I'll abandon it and try tomorrow.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is always the same for me like that on here.....

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Bob,

according to the hosting company there hasn't been any problems with performance.

Looking at your post it was around 8.23pm which is typically in the busiest period during the day for internet usage. Depending on your ISP's contention ratio you may just have hit a period when you were one of a number of customers battling with their internet connections too!

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
Hi Bob,

according to the hosting company there hasn't been any problems with performance.

Looking at your post it was around 8.23pm which is typically in the busiest period during the day for internet usage. Depending on your ISP's contention ratio you may just have hit a period when you were one of a number of customers battling with their internet connections too!

Thanks Russ. I only mentioned it because it has happened a few times recently and I wondered whether there was a problem that needed addressing. Its very quick at the moment.
Regards,
Bob