ProConnect Disc problem again

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Last July there was a lot of discussion on this Forum about noisy and slipping sprockets on the ProConnect Disc.
A temporary solution was to use a cable tie on the rear arm tensioner. The solution seemed to be a larger motor sprocket and chain wheel and that worked for me. The parts were supplied free of charge by 50C.
After about 1400 miles the problem has returned so the cable tie method is in use again.
I sent 50C a message asking them if a solution had been found to this problem. I got a reply asking what mileage I had done and what size sprockets were fitted. I replied but received no reply from them. I sent the email again but still nothing.
Obviously there is something wearing but can anyone suggest what it might be?
I don't want to have to replace all sprockets and chain every 1400 miles at a cost of about £50

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I found the motor sprocket to be slightly too thick, search for the original thread, shaving a bit off the sprocket fixed the issue...or try flipping the sprocket over on the motor shaft...

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Update on the sprocket noise.
I finally got round to changing just the 11T motor sprocket this afternoon and what a difference it makes.
The one I took off has wear on the teeth but just on one side so it would be possible to flip it over and reuse it.
I'm very surprised at how easy it was to fix.