Professional bike converters?

steve123456

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2007
Electric bike weight and price

Hi Allen,

I'm working on an easy to fit kit that is light and should be cost effective to produce. The video is at a Barclays business competition, there are some stills of the cad model as well. I have emailed web admin to see if this is an appropriate post, no reply so i hope it's ok.

https://www.takeonesmallstep.co.uk/Entry/View/2462

I would like to know what people think about the product idea.

All the best,
Stephen Britt.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm not admin Stephen, but posts on new ideas and technologies are always welcome. There have been several approaches to adding low additional power to bikes in less conventional ways and it will be interesting to hear more about this method, power added in watts and what battery and current feed arrangements are envisaged.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Steve: I get an 'application error' from Barclays when I try to load your link. Might well be down to me using Apple Mac/Firefox, which some snooty PC systems do not like...

Allen.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
If you love tinkering, have a basic knowledge of cycle mechanics and some general electrical know how. Buy a kit and have ago yourself.

If you just want to get out there and cycle then something from one of the well known and respected companies should fit the bill.
Spot on, Stumpi. When I was a lad, I used to strip down engines in my front garden (oooh, the neighbours, the shame), jump out of cars at traffic lights to adjust the points (I kid you not). Nowadays my tools are better, but largely unused, and I would only lie underneath a car if it had knocked me down first.

I think between us I have answered my question.

Allen.

nab

Pedelecer
May 10, 2010
I'm no lottery winner, so money IS an issue, as ever, but on the other hand over many misspent decades I've wasted loads of dosh trying to save it, and looking back it's been the times when I've bitten the bullet and paid the piper

Allen.
yes, i agree, buying quality stuff is often worth it.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Cytronex

Hi Allen

Have you tried Cytronex? This is exactly what they do and they do it very well!

They are BEBA members and can be found on the BEBA site from the link on the right hand side of this page.

All the best

David

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I would like to know what people think about the product idea.

All the best,
Stephen Britt.
I've watched the video, Steve, but I think we would all need to see the Super Pedals working before passing much comment! Powered pedals sound like a fascinating idea, so another film please.

Allen.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Have you tried Cytronex? This is exactly what they do and they do it very well!

All the best

David
Thanks for the thought, David, but as you've recently convinced me to buy a Wisper, I've abandoned passing fancies of doing-it-myself...

Allen.