prop stand needed

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
the prop stand on my wife's sakura has broken at the moment i have fitted the one of mine, which i am keeping as spares for her bike anyway,but this is one piece that i would like to improve on.
the stand in question is made of alloy, i would like to fit a steel one, any help to find a good one would be nice,i cant fit a centre stand due to the frame style.
many thanks mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are the ones at the top here the sort of stands you mean Mike? I don't know what material these are.

Stands

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
yes flecc thanks, but all the ones in that price range have been alloy and i dont want to risk another break we where lucky this time no damage.
mike
i will enquire about the dearest one

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
i think they vary a lot on metal quality Mike, making choice difficult. When my Twist stand failed, I bought a cheap and cheerful one from a local shop which you see in the link later. I thought of it as temporary, but it's stood all manner of abuse for three years and survived everything. As the comment on the link at the right hand side shows, someone else had a very different experience with it, seemingly due to a metal flaw.

Link