Protect individual bike parts from theft

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
It's a good idea, I suppose, if for example I purchased the saddle/seat post combo for £32.00, the actual cost of a new cross country saddle at the low end price range would be £30.00 say from Halfords and a new Suntour NCX is about £55-60 then it does work out at good value - Its a shame I didn't know about this when I purchased everything new, instead I purchased a cheap cable lock to pop through the Suntour and I never leave my bike for more than half hour max + buy this homeless guy a bacon butty once a month and he keeps an eye on it if hes about.

smifee

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2017
Chandler's Ford
Thanks for the link.
Recently replaced a suspension seatpost and have been googling secure bolts to make it harder to steal.
This is much simpler than the bolts I found.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

smifee

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2017
Chandler's Ford
Post a quick heads up on here if they're any good
Don't hold your breath :rolleyes: I will want to put them on everything.

Problem is I am a complete numpty when it comes to fitting anything. The part of my brain that deals with how the position of parts/things relate to the position of other parts/things doesn't work.

I will need to take my trike to a bike shop so they can work out what I need, order & fit. With another 2 months of house arrest it won't happen soon.

• :D
Reactions: PC2017