Pure Electric

Ravenfeeder

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 27, 2021
Has anyone bought their bike from Pure Electric? What was our experience like? They are the only people with a local shop that sell the bike I think I want, but the salesman I talked to didn't fill me with any confidence.

belt_driven_muppet

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2021
WV8 1JE
I have a pure flux one. I brought it online on the basis of internet based research and reviews. If I had gone to a shop , maybe I wouldn't own one ? Interesting thought

PDW1973

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2022
I have a pure flux one. I brought it online on the basis of internet based research and reviews. If I had gone to a shop , maybe I wouldn't own one ? Interesting thought
What do you think of the Flux One? It’s one of the models I’m considering. I don’t need a bike with a massive range between battery charges, and I’ve read a few positive reviews (from websites, rather than from owners) of it. Interested to hear what someone who owns and rides one thinks of it….

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

fbndsprz

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2022
I own a Pure Electric Flux One, bought in Paris, France. Quite satisfied with the bike for now. Using it for commuting 2-3 times a week. Just reached 500km (and I probably won't get the "free" repair service for that mileage, as the store I bought it from is now closed...)

Anyways, I had to do some "repairs" myself, and discovered how bad the brake alignment had been done initially...
Now, I trying to find as many information I can, to plan for part replacements in the future. Here is what I found so far :
* Motor : the "Vision GM 110" is probably made by China Hulong, but the reference VRMGM250DB36V... seems to be custom
* Controller : made by Lishui, the reference LSW06-HTU1AFSB-U cannot be found as it is a custom build for embedding in the battery
* Battery : the 36V 7Ah Cuttle battery is again a custom build by Reention
* Display : the "King Meter for Pure" (reference DSG H103 36V) is not "surely" made by kingmeter.com (as per their support)

I've been spending quite some time trying to find a replacement for that display, and couldn't find one, as I'm not even sure what is the protocole used between the display and controller. What makes me doubt : the display connectors seems to be a variant of the 5Pin Juliet cables used by KT and Lishui...

Would take any pointer you may have !

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
King meters are used with lishui controllers my ex woosh bpm kit is so.
Issue with lishui is that displays aren't as simple as buying the same one and fitting, they have to be set up first (I believe) via programming.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Has anyone bought their bike from Pure Electric? What was our experience like? They are the only people with a local shop that sell the bike I think I want, but the salesman I talked to didn't fill me with any confidence.
TAKE NOTE - PURE ELECTRIC ARE CLOSING THEIR STORES.
According to their website they are moving away from retail ebikes and concentrating on EScooters.
Now this makes no sense whatsoever. Ebikes are seriously popular at the moment, and the market is growing steadily. Escooters are still illegal.
Why would they move away from a growing market to one that pretty much cant exist legally ?

It was one of the local(city) Ebike shops i visited when looking for my first Ebike.
I wanted a full sus EMTB, the manager would only direct me towards a hardtail, spouting nonsense about the benefits of HT's(I've ridden HT's for 25 years)

He wouldn't listen to anything i wanted, or said for that matter, and looked to be in his early 20's, so I've probably been building bikes since before he was born.
They also wanted the full amount up front, but couldn't give me a date as to when a bike would be in, meaning i'd be left at the mercy of the company, and were it to go into administration, I would lose everything. Not the ideal situation when you're spending £5k.

I told them to F off and left.

Last edited:

fbndsprz

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Anyone tried changing the front/back sprockets (and belt) ?
I find the current ratio 55T/22T a bit low.
I'm thinking of trying 63T/19T (with 122T belt), which "seems" to fit the bike.