Pushing ebike

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
My commuting used to be by motorcycle or twist & go scooter before retirement, now due to various medical probs my legs don’t carry me more than 100 yds on a good day, on a bad day I might make 1/2 an isle inTesco before having to sit down to rest. With my newly acquired 2011 BB Quarts e-folder the advantage of its twist & go will help me enormously, now I can look forward to (e) cycling again - but my biggest fear is parking and the parafinailia of securing the bike then expecting everything to still be there upon my return.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Christmas is near so to celebrate I’ve bought my dear lady wife a Batribike Trike20, here’s hoping for and looking forward to some happy e-cycling in the coming year. Bought the trike because dear wife at 84 is not too steady on two wheels anymore.

Jim

Reactions: D C and LeighPing

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Jimi using two quality U locks and a disc brake lock I carry in my rear panniers takes no time at all taken in context. I have the same fear but very, very rarely leave it unattended and even then it's usually within my vision. I take note of what the thrives say, not the lock manufacturers. The thieves openly say their enemy is time and two or three quality locks plus no battery makes stealing it unworthwhile.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
- and carrying a battery around as well as shopping! Phew, I can barely walk a few yards without extreme lower back pain,
I’m now wondering whether it was a good idea.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Pushing e-bikes — I appear to be getting quite a few ‘Alerts’ for new messages but when I check for them they are not there......
STRANGE!

Jim

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
- and carrying a battery around as well as shopping! Phew, I can barely walk a few yards without extreme lower back pain,

Jim
Jim are you on good terms with any of the shopkeepers as you could always ask if you could leave your battery with them. Alternatively can you not incorporate one of your locks through the battery carrying handle for added security in addition to those on the bike. I have done that for short periods but the bike has still been within my vision.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Jim
Get one of these

The tow bar comes off and clips in as a push cart handle. Put your battery and shopping in the lockable aluminium box which is also waterproof! It all comes appart so is very easy to store at home.

Yes it does cost half an arm...

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Just getting to grips withit all, since seeing the U tube litelok video I’m returning both litelok locks for a full refund, apart from being too short they are too wide to fit between my 20” wheel’s 1-1/4” spoke gaps.

Jim