Q75 / Q85 Query

D

Deleted member 4366

It could be a duff cell, a faulty BMS, a wire off, a bad solder joint. or anything like that.

When I check a battery, I first check the voltage on both the charge socket and the power output terminals, but with 15v on the output, the BMS is shut off, which usually means that it's detected something wrong on one of the balance/sense wires from the cells, like too low or too high.

See what they say first. They might be a good company. How much did it cost?

Joneser

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2013
It could be a duff cell, a faulty BMS, a wire off, a bad solder joint. or anything like that.

When I check a battery, I first check the voltage on both the charge socket and the power output terminals, but with 15v on the output, the BMS is shut off, which usually means that it's detected something wrong on one of the balance/sense wires from the cells, like too low or too high.

See what they say first. They might be a good company. How much did it cost?
About £150 including delivery (plus they would only accept bank transfer which was another 30 quid or something silly).

Joneser

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2013
the only other thing is i redid the connections - added 3 pin mains plug and replaced battery and charger connections with Deans. But I guess it wouldn't have worked to start with if I had connected it wrongly.