Question for Commuters

lolipop808

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2019
How on earth do you keep your clothes which you carry to work look half ironed. How do you carry your shirts and trousers?

I look like an absolute scruff bag at work all of the time. I have to wear a jumper even when it's boiling!

Any advice will be greatly received.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

TobyAnscombe

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Epping Forest, Essex
Take 5 shirts into a local dry cleaners and leave them in the office... Leave a pair of trousers on a hanger on a coat-stand.

The easiest way is to have a change of clothes in the office and not to carry them ;-) I'm lucky in my current gig where I can rock up in jeans and a t-shirt so isnt currently an issue...

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
I just fold my shirts in the morning and put them into my backpack. Commute is under and hour so they are rarely creased. I roll the trousers. I generally don't look scruffy (I think). I keep a pair of work shoes and belt in my locker.

Top tip - keep a spare pair of socks and jocks in work for the day you invariably forget them - don't ask how I know.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I always wear cycling overtrousers which keep them perfect

for the top half, best tips I have are

-buy cheap shirts. The more expensive, quality cottonn ones will look a mess compared to a 10 quid primark one ! (I have a wardrobe with loads of quality shirts I rarely wear now). Sounds daft I know but the end result is not looking like a scruff bag!
-don't wear a backpack. Get a rack/panniers
-let the bike do all the work on the way in on max. Do your excercise on way home !
-keep a spare shirt at work for emergencies
- go "shirt sleeve order" ie folded up cuffs (hides badly cruplmed sleeves)
- in winter wear a fleece under your cycling outer (9 years cycle commuting experience and this prevents the creases dropping out of shirts - don't know why but it does )
- Finally we have fixed hairdryer on the shower cubicle walls at work. In waterproof failure emergencies I have dried trousers this way ! Eventually ....