Questions on Replacement Battery for Pro Rider Flow eBike

Davo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2017
Inverness
I have a Flow 20" folder which I have kitted out with bmx tyres and suspension seat and it is great for exploring trails in the Scottish Highlands. I love it as it goes anywhere and I will post a review soon. The stock 10.4Ah battery is a bit limited on range and I would like to carry a spare battery as a range extender. Unfortunately, the seller does not have spare batteries yet.

The stock battery has a label marked:
Suzhou Anshang Model No
AS20161117-PRO004 Capacity 36V 10.4Ah (Sanyo Cell)

The nearest equivalent I have found is by Yose Power here except that it is 4mm wider and 65mm longer but it should fit OK.

My questions are:
1. Does anyone know of a source for the original stock battery or an identical replacement?
2. Electrical connections. The stock battery has 4 slots marked with ++-- and the Yose has the same. Is it safe to assume that the Yose will be safe to install on my bike? Why are there 4 slots anyway?
3. Are there other options for range extenders such as additional battery kits wired into the system?

thanks in advance
Dave

ps There is a PR2255 battery on the Pro Rider site but that does not work with their current bike range, including my Flow.

Davo

Jun 18, 2017
Inverness
Just for future reference here, I bit the bullet and tried out the Yose battery in the link above. It worked fine and you can see my review on Amazon here.

I am well pleased so far as it saved me £160 over an original battery and charger and I got a spare mount as well. The foto shows how I carry it on my folder. The pipe insulation stops it banging on the seat post and the yellow sponge stops the batteries from banging together. The green belt fits thru the handle on top of the bag and is a bit of belt and braces. The red bungee is probably secure enough on its own.

Alternatively, I could have mounted the spare battery mount on the rack if I didn't have a rack bag.

Changeover takes a couple of minutes. Take out the seat, swap the batteries and away I go.

It really is a great feeling to have a second battery on board.

DSC06745.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

If you show us which battery you have, it would be easier for us to help you.

Davo

Jun 18, 2017
Inverness
My last post was maybe vague. I actually bought the Yose Power battery and it works fine so I don't need any more advice. I just posted so that future searches would turn up the answer.

Peter Woodier

Feb 9, 2013
A, A
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery for a Pro Rider Wayfarer bike?

Pro Rider have stopped selling them, and I can't get them to answer another question. My problem is if I have to spend £400 on a battery, and the 4 year old motor goes, then it would be a waste of £400, unless I can also replace the back wheel and motor, which is another item I'm trying to source.

Is the Wayfarer now dead and buried? I am annoyed that I can't get spares after paying out £800.

Thanks in advance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery call Jimmy at BGA Reworking/Insat Intl for a costing probably about £300 ish, he will upgrade it with better cells and more capacity/ah/wh.

Using the search forum under forums with BGA Reworking will list some 14 pages plus recommending him and you will find contact details.

Hub motor wise you probably have little to worry as any hub can be laced in to an existing rim if your one uses a standard 8 or 9 pin motor connector.

Davo

Jun 18, 2017
Inverness
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery for a Pro Rider Wayfarer bike?

I went to Yose for my Pro Rider Flow spare battery. I have been running it for 12 months about 4 trips per week down to 20% charge. It still works fine and I see no reduction in range or voltage yet.

Yose have dimensioned drawing of all their batteries so you can check it fits before you order and their cust service is excellent.

They are at https://www.yosepower.com/ and they also have an Amazon UK shop.