Quick question about Kudos Tornado / Arriba

maloflora

Pedelecer
Nov 13, 2012
Just a quick q - can you fit a normal rear-wheel luggage rack to one of these? Seatpost racks probably wouldn't be strong enough for my normal travel weight (laptop + papers + clothes).

Thanks!

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Don't know for sure that this will fit: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=729245&categoryId=236256&langId=-1

I fitted one to friends bike today. My usual position on Halfords is less than positive, but credit where it's due, this is quite a good rack for the money.

Just over £20, and seems very adaptable. Comes with two spacers, so can be used with or without disk's.

You need to check if you have the correct mounting points. Usually m5 threaded holes, two at the top of the seat stays, and two on the dropouts.

Last edited:

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
If it's just getting past disc brakes that's the issue this should work provided you have mounting holes :

Halfords | Topeak Super Tourist DX Disc Pannier Rack

I've got the 'normal' (non-disc) version on my Agattu and fitted the above disc brake version to the Trek. Great racks for carrying stuff and also nice design for pannier fixing.

Cottonpickers

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
I took my Tornado to Halfords to try that rack (tourist) but no good. I have a different one in its wY from eBay that looks promising. Will report back in a day or two

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
This carrier from Thule should fit.

It will also fit on the front, might be an idea if you want to keep an eye on the laptop, and it will probably get a smoother ride from the fork.

Thule Pack

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Looks like you are running a single pannier.

A safety tip is to mount it on the 'off' or right hand side of the bike - it gives you more width and road presence in traffic.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Looks like you are running a single pannier.

A safety tip is to mount it on the 'off' or right hand side of the bike - it gives you more width and road presence in traffic.
It also has the benefit of improving weight distribution when you use your stand, assuming it's a side mounted one.