For Sale R&M Delite 2 Rohloff

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It's been a while since last on here, things have changed.

I am thinking of moving my Delite on to a new owner, never thought I would but a damaged hand is causing me gear change problems.

It has 14,200 miles on the clock and the same battery. Still gets me 20 miles in my hilly ride. It's in good condition I think, anyone interested?

I favour another R&M but a step through and the electric gear change. It's a cracking bike.

Grahame Robertson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2018
I'm on the lokout for an older (cheaper) but quality built ebike so this could be right down my street. Can you give a few more details, age, size, anything that needs immediate attention and what you think it's worth please.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'm on the lokout for an older (cheaper) but quality built ebike so this could be right down my street. Can you give a few more details, age, size, anything that needs immediate attention and what you think it's worth please.
I've ridden Croxden's bike a couple of times and it certainly meets your requirements.

Obviously the price is nothing to do with me, but I can tell you Croxden is honest and straightforward so you can negotiate knowing you will get what he says you will get.

As regards the bike, I agree with his remarks about the gear change.

The twin cable Rohloff twist shifter does require a firmish grip to operate it.

The Rohloff is famously reliable and durable, at 14,000 miles Croxden's is barely run in.

It might benefit from an oil change if he's not had it done for a while.

Grahame Robertson

Oct 28, 2018
Yes, after replying to the original post I found Croxden's original post when he bought the bike in Feb 2014, and then the numerous posts seeking advice before choosing the R&M so all boxes ticked as to the thouroughness of Croxden's research and maintenance.
The bike is obviously a much loved and well treated friend. It seems a little crass to dicuss money so, Croxdon, feel free to call me or email me.
If I'm lucky enough to buy it, it will go to a good home, we live on a narrow boat so lots of gentle canal towpaths and "C"roads (do they still have those?). Rtirement is a wonderful thing!!

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Usually best not to include tel and email in a public forum. I suggest you edit your post to remove them, and private message Croxden with them. Good luck to you both with the purchase if it goes ahead..

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Yes, after replying to the original post I found Croxden's original post when he bought the bike in Feb 2014, and then the numerous posts seeking advice before choosing the R&M so all boxes ticked as to the thouroughness of Croxden's research and maintenance.
The bike is obviously a much loved and well treated friend. It seems a little crass to dicuss money so, Croxdon, feel free to call
If I'm lucky enough to buy it, it will go to a good home, we live on a narrow boat so lots of gentle canal towpaths and "C"roads (do they still have those?). Rtirement is a wonderful thing!!
Thank you for the glowing report, both you and Rob.
I will mail you and have noted your phone number but do delete it from the post as advised.

Last edited:

Grahame Robertson

Oct 28, 2018
The bike is obviously a much loved and well treated friend. It seems a little crass to dicuss money so, Croxdon, feel free to call me or email me.
Thank you for the glowing report, both you and Rob.
I will mail you and have noted your phone number but do delete it from the post as advised.
Have deleted the email and phone number from my post although it's still on the quote. My life is an open book.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I have deleted you personal details from the quote and sent you an email.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Interested for second dibs, if it's a large frame?

Gaz

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It's the medium frame I'm afraid but thanks for your interest.

Reactions: Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Bugger! :rolleyes:

Ta for the quick reply.

Gaz

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I can't say too much, but I believe an offer has been made and is being considered.

Certainly looks like this matter may be concluded faster - and a lot more cordially - than Brexit.