Rack bag

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
looking for a decent rack bag for my Freego eagle. Have been using some panniers that were but zip now gone and they were a bit more than required so anyone got a favourite. Only to be used for general 20 mile type rides

regards gray

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
This is an updated model of of the Altura bag I use...last one I bought cost me £25.

Altura | Aero Rack Pack

It comes with a seperate piece I think they call it a "landing stage" or something similar.

I fix this to the rack with some ten or so small plastic ties, the bag then is velcroed to this, the bag can then be fixed or removed at will.
...however I prefer a more permanent fix and I cut a piece of hard plastic to size , this fits in the base of the bag and I then use 2 heavy duty plastic ties to make a permanent fix to the bike.
....reasonably safe and very secure ...and "bags" of room in the bag.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I can second this - I've got an older one of these and it's very handy if you want the equivalent of an old-fashioned saddlebag's capacity. I just use it as per standard illustration in above link - it's dead easy to take off and put on, and who's going to nick the landing pad thing anyway, generally at least.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
thanks for your answers. My wife has an Altura but I am not sure of the capacity of it, however it seems a little small for my purposes. I can't visualise what 6ltr is

gray

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I have had the Halfords Bike Hut Pannier Rack Bag on my Folder`s carrier for over 2 years . It is an excellent bag with loads of zipped pockets and a yellow waterproof cover which you can pull out and cover the bag . A good safety feature easily seen .
It comes in grey and if you want to see it the code is 293592-0 at £32.99 . I got mine in a sale for less than that .

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I'm very fond of bike bins.
Now I really like those...and they do one with a red lid...really tempted, do they fit all racks without problem do you know ?

AND they are BRITISH MADE ;)

Lynda :)

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Now I really like those...and they do one with a red lid...really tempted, do they fit all racks without problem do you know ?

AND they are BRITISH MADE ;)

Lynda :)
I've not found a rack that they don't fit. And if you have oversize bars (14mm or 16mm) you can get an oversize rixen and kaul kit.

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
My pannier bags are just some generic Halfords ones which clip/unclip from the rack in a couple of seconds which makes shopping easy, I neglected to get the largersize of bags because I would forever keep thinking I've got lots of spare space and end up carring many kilos of stuff.

I have a small stretchy cargo net meant for cars which enables a carrier bag of lightweight things to be strapped on top of the rack as well as the pannier bags, but it's fiddly and not a very nice solution.

Does there exist a similar type of thing but made of canvas (ie a bag) with bungee hooks?