Raleigh Forge vs Ebco ucr 30

AndyM3

Just Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Hello,

I am trying to decide between these two ebikes and notice that the specs are the same. They are currently priced at £1000 for the Ebco and £1250 for the Raleigh.

I am just paying £250 more for the Raleigh name or have I missed something?

Thanks
Andrew

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Ebco seems to me a much better buy.
But then, there are plenty of choices for your budget.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hello,

I am trying to decide between these two ebikes and notice that the specs are the same. They are currently priced at £1000 for the Ebco and £1250 for the Raleigh.

I am just paying £250 more for the Raleigh name or have I missed something?

Thanks
Andrew
I can't comment on the bikes themselves. But I do know that Raleigh are asking all their stockists to provide service to all Raleigh owners, whether a local customer or not. Our own shops sell very few Raleighs but we are required (happily of course) to be called upon should any Raleigh ebike owner need us for warranty or service. We charge of course, when it's not our sale, and Raleigh foot the bill.
So perhaps that explains some of the difference in cost.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I can't comment on the bikes themselves. But I do know that Raleigh are asking all their stockists to provide service to all Raleigh owners, whether a local customer or not. Our own shops sell very few Raleighs but we are required (happily of course) to be called upon should any Raleigh ebike owner need us for warranty or service. We charge of course, when it's not our sale, and Raleigh foot the bill.
So perhaps that explains some of the difference in cost.
As far as I am aware Raleigh only require stockists to undertake warranty work if the frame fails. We only sell the Bosch powered Raleigh bikes.

The Raleigh has a larger battery than the Ebco which is about 9ah compared to 11ah on the Raleigh. This would explain most of the price difference. Ebco also do a crank drive model at £1599 with 11ah battery though (UCR60)