Raleigh Motus Bar ends?

Rach1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 27, 2019
Hi
British based. I have step thru Raleigh Motus 20219.
It feels like a little too much weight on hands/arms. Even more so, my neck is sore. I have brought handle bars as near me as possible. Also moved seat forward a little. Cannot seem to get stem raised any higher but I might not be getting that right as can't actually move it at all.
Wondering about bar ends that would give me more positions including a higher grip. I would definitely need to keep my mirror which is presently on handle bars as arthritic neck limits movement.
Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi
It feels like a little too much weight on hands/arms. Even more so, my neck is sore. I have brought handle bars as near me as possible. Also moved seat forward a little. Cannot seem to get stem raised any higher but I might not be getting that right as can't actually move it at all.
Wondering about bar ends that would give me more positions including a higher grip. I would definitely need to keep my mirror which is presently on handle bars as arthritic neck limits movement.

A recent similar issue which might help.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Hi
As already suggested, go to a local bike shop with the bike. Let then review your riding position and then alter accordingly. Stem risers are easily fitted and stems can be adjustable giving you more range.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Get the saddle height right first then go from there, the ball of the foot should comfortably touch the ground. The bottom stroke of the crank should see the leg slightly bent with the foot flat on the pedal. From there then one can look at the reach, swept bars give a comfy arm/wrist angle without putting due stress on those joints which straight bars do.
Look at the stem is it too long ?
For height look to see if there are spacers above the bars on the stem if not one can buy riser bars or a stem riser, don't go mad with wholesale changes all at once. Just one thing at a time, often just 5 or 10mm is enough to make positions better.

Rach1

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for taking time to reply/add link. It was an interesting thread. Been in discussion with LBS re issues and guess I will have to get my bike in to them. Seat is in correct height position. There are options so hopefully something will suit. One change at a time makes sense.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
You can get touring bars that provide different hand positions.
touring bars.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Better known as Butterfly bars, they can be helpful if ungainly in there looks and style.
Personally if the riding is only local errand or out for few hours I would opt for a swept bar and riding stance changes to find a more up right comfy position with nice bar end grips like GP2 or from the GP range that offer also relieve some pressure on the palms.

Rach1

Mar 27, 2019
Many thanks for replies. Taking in to Lbs to get stem riser initially. Will see if that helps. Next step will be swept back handlebars. I do like the look of those touring bars.