RE: Advice for a wannabee eBiker!!

kwackerman

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2010
Well I was pipped at the post for the Quando on eBay...It went for £255 in the end. I was not prepared to spend more than £220 ( plus £30 postage) when I could get a brand new cyclamatic for £340 delivered.

I had emailed the chap selling the quando because the advert stated that the battery still had some capacity left! I took this to mean it might not last much longer and given the warning from Flec on here that people sell them on when they realise how much a replacement costs I decided to be cautious. He got back to me and told me the battery would have a reduced range and may cut out on steep hills.

So I decided to bite the bullet and bought a cyclomatic folder before the discount code ran out!

I will keep you updated when it arrives and will post my review after a couple of weeks use. I am also thinking of an Alien Gents Special 2 MTB on the cycle to work scheme in the near future and have decided to pop along to the Tour De Presteigne in May!

Thanks again for your help

Andy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Definitely a wise decision Andy. Once the eZee Quando starts cutting out on hills it's all over, the battery was dud as I expected.

The Cyclamatic is not as powerful but it does have gears and costs less than an eZee battery.