reading for a while but never posted ... untill now

asterduc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2014
hi folks,

I live in Belgium and have been involved with 2 wheelers for most part of my life.
MTB and race for a few decades and sincee new millenium on old classic and sport bikes (restauration).

I converted a 50 year oldtimer into ebike last year. Lots of pleasure running over 35 km/hr, although the brakes aren't designed to stop this bike properly.

Anyway, reason for posting here is that I am trying to help an old lady with her made-in-china eBike.
The bike has a TongXin motor and the outer ring is brooken.
It is clear to me this is a weak point on this motor.

Question:
- anyone has / or know, an outer ring for this motor
- if I can't get the ring, what is closest fitting exchange motor as far as specs, dimensions and control signal

Hope someone can give some helping advice here.

best regards

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Keep watching even if you do not get a quick answer asterduc. We have some members who are very familiar with this problem and replacing them, but some view the site rather intermittently so may not see this immediately.

If that still doesn''t get an answer, post a new thread with the title asking for Tongxin motor repair, since that will attract the right people.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
asterduc, welcome to the forum.
it would help if you could post some pictures - there are many models of tongxin motors over the years.
The main thing is to tell us whether it has Hall sensors or not, in case a replacement is a better solution

D

Deleted member 4366

Any 250w hub-motor should work. The Q100 or Q00H from BMSBattery is pretty good. You could get spares for the Tongxin, but I can't remember where from or whether they're still available. IMHO it's not worth repairing it, when you can get a whole Q100 for £100 including delivery and duty.

asterduc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2014
thanks for the info.

@ trex: Here is a picture of the part in question.

@ flecc: I have also added another post for this.

@ d8veh: Any other 250 Motor! could be a mini motor from Golden motor then? I think I can have these for less. As for the hall sensors, I do believe the motor has them since there are 3+5 wires coming out of the motor.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think the mini motors from GM are the same motor. BMSB also do the Q100H, which comes in 260 rpm rather than 201 rpm, plus, it's a bit more powerful.