Real data from a simple datalogger

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I've recently fitted a simple datalogger setup to my bike and I thought some initial results might be interesting. This is a standard shimano e5000, so an off the shelf 250W EN whatever fully compliant commercial system.

Having read the wonderfully imprecise standards around the 250W number I was particularly interested to know the highest power output I could make it produce.

Early days, and primitive algorithm that samples once per second rather than very frequently so not reading too much into it, the highest measurement so far is 468W. I'll post more results from time to time.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I've recently fitted a simple datalogger setup to my bike and I thought some initial results might be interesting. This is a standard shimano e5000, so an off the shelf 250W EN whatever fully compliant commercial system.

Having read the wonderfully imprecise standards around the 250W number I was particularly interested to know the highest power output I could make it produce.

Early days, and primitive algorithm that samples once per second rather than very frequently so not reading too much into it, the highest measurement so far is 468W. I'll post more results from time to time.
Interesting for many of us here I feel.
Does your motor have an internal thermometer/temperature sensor, to warn of any overheating? Which of course will be far more prevalent on a hot summers day than December/January!
I will follow your post with great interest.
Thanks
Andy

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Interesting for many of us here I feel.
Does your motor have an internal thermometer/temperature sensor, to warn of any overheating? Which of course will be far more prevalent on a hot summers day than December/January!
I will follow your post with great interest.
Thanks
Andy
I am sure there is lots inside that is not accessible to me, but that is certainly something I will add later.