Real Life Range

hannesd

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2017
belgium
fwiw, i just did a complete battery drain.
90% on eco mode, and some sport and power mode for small climbs and sand sections.
I got 65km on it today ,riding in the dunes/forest roads/single track.
no long climbs , since all is flat with us, just lots of start stopping on the narrow single tracks.
bike is an Impulse 250W and battery 36Volt , 17Ah ,612Wh.
more on road and flat riding i got about 75km and still about 1/4th of battery left (all ridden on eco mode).

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
36v, 11.6Ah, 418Wh Shimano E6010 and I can reckon on 30 miles if I'm being completely lazy, or 40 miles if I put some effort in. Mostly road work and doesn't seem to change if it's flat or hilly.

Gaz

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
my bafang bpm 350 with 17ah battery gets me about 35-40miles. first commute on my new giant 250w yamaha with 400wh showed 70% after 18miles using normal setting. although i noticed i had worked harder with the giant. will be using the bafang for sweat free commutes

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
When the temperiture is below zero I keep my batteries indoors just taking them outside when needed, but I forgot this week and the range difference using a cold battery stored at 1 Degree C as oposed to using one stored at 18 Degrees C is quite significant.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
fwiw, i just did a complete battery drain.
90% on eco mode, and some sport and power mode for small climbs and sand sections.
I got 65km on it today ,riding in the dunes/forest roads/single track.
no long climbs , since all is flat with us, just lots of start stopping on the narrow single tracks.
bike is an Impulse 250W and battery 36Volt , 17Ah ,612Wh.
more on road and flat riding i got about 75km and still about 1/4th of battery left (all ridden on eco mode).
I am always impressed by those who ride in eco.. For me its a bit like having to get up and go to work!!;)

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
my giant and bafang are so different. bafang settings are speed related so usually on level 4/5 unless riding with others. my giant has 3 levels and find normal/middle is ample. top setting is overkill unless on a steep climb

hannesd

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2017
belgium
I am always impressed by those who ride in eco.. For me its a bit like having to get up and go to work!!;)
its just not faster,so why waste milage?
all is flat here, so i usually pedal it up to its max assisted speed 25-27km/h.
in all 3 modes it goes up to 27km/h, just faster from zero to 27 in power mode.
i would occasionally go to sport or even power, depending how much speed i'm loosing in mud or small steep bumps on the single track.
don't know how it would behave in the 3 modes when mounting a speed dongle...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its just not faster,so why waste milage?
all is flat here, so i usually pedal it up to its max assisted speed 25-27km/h.
in all 3 modes it goes up to 27km/h, just faster from zero to 27 in power mode.
i would occasionally go to sport or even power, depending how much speed i'm loosing in mud or small steep bumps on the single track.
don't know how it would behave in the 3 modes when mounting a speed dongle...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
I got bored of waiting for Evans to get bikes in for a proper test ride so today I bought this.Powerfly.jpg
Better pics to follow.

Reactions: hannesd

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
Not much point wrapping it up, I was there when the wife paid for it. And it was her suggestion to put it in the sitting room. Garage is full of crap and needs sorting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lol why wrap it up in rubbish as that is all it ends up being anyway yet ppl still buy shite loads of it.;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Been out for a short ride on the canal in the snow (no hills) and rode in eco for about 1.5 miles. Didn't really seem hard but was moving slower.. at 1.5 miles I switched to tour and it felt like turbo so I suppose it's all about perception.

Related Articles

Advertisers