Real Life Range

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i meant motor-wise, did you put a speed dongle on it?
normally a 250w motor doesn't go that fast,does it?
seemed like you were goung about 45-50km/h?
when you remove the speed limit with a dongle you get the full power from the motor above 15 mph and it is more like 800w so can hit 35mph tho it drains the batt fast.

hannesd

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2017
belgium
when you remove the speed limit with a dongle you get the full power from the motor above 15 mph and it is more like 800w so can hit 35mph tho it drains the batt fast.
so the 250W motor is actually delivering (as i can see in the vid) up to about 580W, or is it more the feel as 580W?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so the 250W motor is actually delivering (as i can see in the vid) up to about 580W, or is it more the feel as 580W?
the bosch has a bit more power than the Yamaha but the guy could not get the meter to work with it but there is no difference between the s class 350w motor and the 250w only difference is the speed limit with the performance motor.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Been out for a short ride on the canal in the snow (no hills) and rode in eco for about 1.5 miles. Didn't really seem hard but was moving slower.. at 1.5 miles I switched to tour and it felt like turbo so I suppose it's all about perception.
also depends on the controller. one of my bikes the assist is speed related and each level increases speed and the other is power related and gives assist at all speeds up to 15mph

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Screenshot 2017-12-29 19.43.03.jpg Screenshot 2017-12-29 19.39.22.jpg
View attachment 22382
that was with a 400w batt
My new Cobi takes power measurements from the Motor, at least according to the instructions it takes Cadence and power from the motor, but not sure.
Its certainly giving a lot more info now, but what does it mean and where does it measure it from exactly? There is no way I can push 500 watts..

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ur screen shots are 40 miles long in 1080p mind ;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Downhill is for recovery. ;)
On my current ride it is where I work the hardest! Slowly pedaling up the next hill is where I rest...

I have a goal, in life you have to have ambition! Under the seat of my trike I want a battery that provides about 3.5 kWh (4 x 44.4v 21 Ah). I figure that using 10 Wh/km I can get about 250 reasonably fast km out of it with some to spare just in case. I will wrap the trike in something vaguely aerodynamic to help reach the goal. Currently I am capable of 5.6 Wh/km on an un-faired upright pedelec.

See post #2 of this thread.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Why would you ride a mountainbike on the flat? The clue is in the name... ;)
Comfort! Comfort! Comfort!
My Full Sus E-MTB is a much easier and more pleasnt ride on bumby roads, much more maneuverable when negotiatiing grid locked rush hour traffic, nipping to the chippy or beer shop and still gives the option of going off road if I fancy it. Not everyone likes to climb mountains..

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

hannesd

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2017
belgium
also depends on the controller. one of my bikes the assist is speed related and each level increases speed and the other is power related and gives assist at all speeds up to 15mph
i'm looking for a dongle that increases the assisted speed with every step from eco to sport to power... how can i determine wich one works how?

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
i'm looking for a dongle that increases the assisted speed with every step from eco to sport to power... how can i determine wich one works how?
its not down to the dongle. some controllers have a speed increase every level you go up and some increase the power assist you get. dongles just remove the 15mph legal cut out where the motor is no longer aloowed to assist you.

Reactions: hannesd

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
seems very interresting! but i have an Impulse 2.0 engine,and apperently they don't make them for me...
I looked at it for the giant. I like the idea of being able to set your own cutoff. Just a couple of mph over the 15.5 would suit me better than just doingcawsyvwith entirely. but they are in chek republic and would only accept payment by bank transfer so didn't bother.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I looked at it for the giant. I like the idea of being able to set your own cutoff. Just a couple of mph over the 15.5 would suit me better than just doingcawsyvwith entirely. but they are in chek republic and would only accept payment by bank transfer so didn't bother.
i just this afternoon ordered a speedbox 2 for my giant. i like the fact it keeps the display correct.

Related Articles

Advertisers