Rear mudguard Bosch bike

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please. I have a Lapierre Overvolt Urban- a fairly standard Bosch bike with the battery on the rear rack. The rear mudguard has split in two places and needs replacing. The battery cable runs in trunking on the underside of the mudguard between the motor and the battery. Does this need a special/particular mudguard or will anything fit? Any tips for fitting the cable trunk welcome.
thanks in advance
Bill

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I had to repair a bike that had a similar problem, where there had been a panel that was screwed to the inside of the mudguard to create the channel for the wire, but it had come unscrewed, got jammed between the mudguard and tyre, which caused it to cut the wire. I modified it by running the cable along the top of the mudguard held in place with cable ties because there was no way to get a replacement panel or mudguard. It didn't look as good, but it would probably last forever without further problems.

Reactions: EddiePJ

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Thank you. That may be a solution. Not as neat, but it should last longer. Bike is less than 3 years old. I think part of the problem is that the rack was shifting from side to side, covered up by paniers so not obvious.