Rear wheel off center

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Hi all, I have a slight issue with my cube reaction pro hybrid which I have had only for 2 weeks I had a puncture on my rear whilst out so I took the wheel off and sorted it with a good old puncture repair kit then put wheel back. Then after that the bike made a noise from the rear every cycle of the wheel and on closer inspection this was the speed sensor thingy knocking against the wire thing sorry for the poor explanation I am not technical at all anyway I also noticed wheel was very off center so I took it off and put it back on again but still no luck. Does anyone know if it is ment to be like that if so why is the speed sensor magnet scratching against the wire thing? Please check out the pic to see what I mean. Cheers guys

Attachments

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The wheel does not appear to be straight, so is probably not fully home in the drop outs - the slots in the frame.

It might be easier if you up end the bike, take off the handlebar display first to prevent damage.

It should then be possible to fit the wheel properly.

Reactions: Alan Quay

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Or, leave it the right way up, slacken the mechanism that holds it into the drop outs (could be nuts, or a quick release skewer) and give it a little shake. That should locate it into the dropouts correctly.

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Cheers both, turning it upside down and taking it of then putting it back on has seemed to have worked however when spinning it there is a bit of drag I don't know if this is normal on e bikes?

D

Deleted member 4366

You still have it in a different position to what it was originally, so the disc is rubbing. This implies that you got any washers in the wrong sequence. If you're convinced that everything is in the correct sequence. then loosen the two cap-screws that hold the caliper to its adaptor (not the frame ones), hold on the brake and do them up again while you hold the brake. The caliper has slots so that it can move side to side to align with the disc when you loosen the screws.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Cheers both, turning it upside down and taking it of then putting it back on has seemed to have worked however when spinning it there is a bit of drag I don't know if this is normal on e bikes?
There will always be a tiny bit of drag, but the Bosch system has more drag when the wheel is going backwards.