rebuilding a battery

D

Deleted member 4366

You put the charge socket on the outside of your box, just like it is on the frog case. If you hold the box on the frame with good brackets, you don't need to ever remove the battery. It should be thiefproof like that.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
My problem is that I need to charge at work and my boss is happy with that. I'm just not allowed my bike in the building as "it looks messy" when customers come around. Also I can't easily get my bike in the house, it is stored in locked unpowered shed at home, (similar arrangement to SRS I have no garage) hence the need for a removable battery.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Could you put a bungee or something similar on the frog battery to hold it in place more securely?
The best thing so far is duct tape. But put it on and take it off twice a day? I'm looking for a permanent solution now!

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Twice a week I have 2 panniers of stuff to carry so battery has to mount outside a pannier.
That's a shame - I was about to say can't you just put the frog battery in one of your panniers. How about getting bigger panniers to do that?

Michael

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Michael, you know how much a pair of ortlieb back roller classics cost, I can't justify replacing something that good just because the kit I got was poorly designed/manufactured. My wife wouldn't let me. ( and I can't just replace the kit as it was a present from my parents last year that I specd to a set budget! )