Recelling a Panasonic 26V Battery or replacement battery?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Be wary of that seller, the battery is not 20.8ah.
Depending on the cells used then the capacities are as follows.
The Sanyo BL's = 20.1 ah.
Samsung 26F = 15.6 ah.
Samsung 22P = 13.2ah.
That's if they are genuine cells.

For recell use BGA Reworking in North London.
http://www.bga-reworking.co.uk/e-bike-batteries.html

D

Deleted member 4366

The Ebay battery might be good, but the seller has all his numbers mixed up. He probably doesn't understand them and has taken the numbers from different size/capacity ones.

The cells at 7s6p would be 42 x 50g = 2.1kg. Add 1kg for the case and BMS, so about 3.1kg. My guess is that the 7S6P applies to a 13.2Ah battery, and that 20.8Ah at 3.8kg is more like 7s8p, which would be 2.6Ah per cell = Samsung 26F.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I purchased a new battery for my Pro Connect a couple of years ago. On the recommendation of a forum member, I went for E-Bike Vision brand. They are a German company, not the cheapest, but equal in quality to the original Panasonic battery.

They do various Ah ratings and I chose the 18 Ah. It can still provide power for 50+ miles today. There is also a rapid charger which you can buy as well. That allows you to charge without removing the battery.

Here is a link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232428285215

Reactions: flecc

JohnM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2018
I just had the battery from my wife’s Koga eRunner rebuilt by Jimmy at BGA reworking. Great job and he managed to upgrade it from 10 wh to 15 wh

Ps yes I know it’s an old thread. But I think the info may be useful

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Had my battery repaired by BGA reworking. It was 10 amp/hr, now its over 20 amp/hr.
It was so simple to do, I contacted them, they requested a photo of the battery and then replied that they could rep[air it.
They sent me a courier label to print out.
I got a cardboard box and bubble wrap from Tesco, packed it up, emailed them and they sent a courier.
A few days later, they emailed me with various options such as which cells did I want etc.
I paid them, they sent an email photo showing the battery capacity on test and then the courier brought it back to me.
Fantastic service, and as soon as you deal with them you realise that they know what they are talking about.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
I just had the battery from my wife’s Koga eRunner rebuilt by Jimmy at BGA reworking. Great job and he managed to upgrade it from 10 wh to 15 wh

Ps yes I know it’s an old thread. But I think the info may be useful
Hi John,

Do you have a contact number, email or web site for BGA, Nealh's link in earlier post throws up 404 error. Thanks.

Mike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: JohnM

JohnM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2018
Hi John,

Do you have a contact number, email or web site for BGA, Nealh's link in earlier post throws up 404 error. Thanks.

Mike
Sorry Mike, I've only just found this. It looks like you've been given the info anyway.