Recommend me a cheap bike

graham49d

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2013
Look at the Pro rider bikes on eBay. I have had a tourer since June and done 800 miles now, I am 140 kg and 6' 2" . All on country lanes, some quite rough. Get about 25 to 30 miles a charge on undulating terrain. I get by on lower assist with medium on steeper inclines. Only trouble has been 5 broken rear spokes over a couple of weeks at 500m to 550m but they soon posted me replacements and l think it was a maintenance issue as I set to and tightened up the spokes and took out a bit of a wobble and it has been fine now to 800m. If you only need the bike for 12 months the warranty will see you through. I have the tourer but they all look to have the same electrics. Under £600.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Same chemical - different effect:

The by-product of anaerobic glycolysis, lactate, has traditionally been thought to be detrimental to muscle function. However, this appears likely only when lactate levels are very high. Elevated lactate levels are only one of many changes that occur within and around muscle cells during intense exercise that can lead to fatigue. Fatigue, that is muscular failure, is a complex subject. Elevated muscle and blood lactate concentrations are a natural consequence of any physical exertion. The effectiveness of....

anaerobic activity can be improved through training.

Orson1981

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2013
Thanks everyone, the Big Bear bike came last night. I got it assembled and did my first mini trip out to the store with it. Still a bit nervous about riding on the roads out here (got to remember to stay on the left side of the road!), but so far it all seems good. Thanks for the help!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
A forum member is selling a hardly used Freego Eagle with the big 16a/h battery for under £500. The bike should easily do all you require and more. Cracking bikes, I've had mine for over two years and it's been great.

Whilst the warranty will have expired, Freego have an excellent reputation for service and reliability and parts are easily available. Looks like a bargain to me.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/classifieds/15776-freego-eagle-sale.html

Here is a link to my own review of my Eagle. I wrote it two years ago and it still performs well.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/10100-freego-eagle-my-first-e-bike.html
Thanks Eagle Rider!

John and I have just read your superb article, can we use it on our web site?

Many thanks,

Best regards

David